Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2014, 02:09 AM

Default Avid Everywhere for Audio Webinar

I've not seen any comments here on the Avid Everywhere for audio webinar a few days ago. Did anyone 'attend' or know where we can watch this after the event?

This is all I've found - basically slick demo of what has been shown already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdgR8o4puxU

Elsewhere, there's talk of a new PT release this year, track freeze being included in both HD and 'vanilla' versions, subscriptions, etc. Anyone have more?
Old 05-26-2014, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Avid Everywhere for Audio Webinar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righty27 View Post
I've not seen any comments here on the Avid Everywhere for audio webinar a few days ago. Did anyone 'attend' or know where we can watch this after the event?

This is all I've found - basically slick demo of what has been shown already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdgR8o4puxU

Elsewhere, there's talk of a new PT release this year, track freeze being included in both HD and 'vanilla' versions, subscriptions, etc. Anyone have more?
The on-demand replay is supposed to be posted in about a week after the live webinar.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-27-2014, 03:51 AM

Thanks Brian - maybe in the next day or two, as you suggest?

Doesn't look like many from DUC attended - I'm mostly interested in the direction Avid are taking licensing. I believe it's already been stated that subscription will only be an option and we can continue to upgrade our existing licences. Hopefully, upgrades will be priced realistically, as opposed to 'incentivising' users towards the new model.

I also wonder how this will affect Avid's approach to major upgrades e.g. will the 'Avid Everywhere' technology be introduced in Pro Tools 12 - assuming subscriptions include upgrades, more regular major releases could become expensive?!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:

Doesn't look like many from DUC attended - I'm mostly interested in the direction Avid are taking licensing. I believe it's already been stated that subscription will only be an option and we can continue to upgrade our existing licences. Hopefully, upgrades will be priced realistically, as opposed to 'incentivising' users towards the new model.

I also wonder how this will affect Avid's approach to major upgrades e.g. will the 'Avid Everywhere' technology be introduced in Pro Tools 12 - assuming subscriptions include upgrades, more regular major releases could become expensive?!
+1
Just posted something similar in another thread
Old 05-27-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:

I don't know exactly when. But in the webinar chat, Avid said the replay would be up in about a week.

I can ask and see if there is a rough estimate when it will be posted.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

The replay will be available sometime this week, but we don' have an exact day yet. We will post it to the announcements forum, and also will send out an email to everyone that signed up for the live broadcast, but may not have been able to attend.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
The replay will be available sometime this week, but we don' have an exact day yet. We will post it to the announcements forum, and also will send out an email to everyone that signed up for the live broadcast, but may not have been able to attend.
I signed up for the live broadcast but never got an email on the day of the webcast saying anything about it.

QAPLA!
Old 05-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

As Brian said, this is now available for playback:

Avid Everywhere for Audio Webinar
Old 05-30-2014, 05:50 AM

Watched it last night ...

Notwithstanding the debate on the other Avid Everywhere thread (related more to the suggestion that more focus should go on PT11 bug fixes or getting promised features to work properly for typical users, who allegedly wouldn't benefit from the new cloud collaboration functionality), still impressive ... workflows, integration, etc.

Back to the original post however, hopefully this will not require licensing moving to subscriptions only.

And if the new file format, metadata, etc. only come with 'Everywhere' and PT12, I hope we get to see track freezing in PT11 ... maybe as a reward for 'suffering' the PT10/11 upgrade which still hasn't delivered completely on its promise for a lot of users after a year. Ideally, Avid would bring all of this to PT11 in the same way as other developers appear to keep increasing 'bang for buck' for their existing users ... especially if the cloud collaboration aspects are paid extras; maybe along with e.g. HD features?!
Old 05-30-2014, 06:07 AM

... and for those waiting for the Avid e-mail notification, I've just received mine so they appear to have gone out.