Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2022, 06:55 AM

Default Bouncing multiple Clips as separate WAVs?

I'm currently trying to teach myself Pro Tools and there are a couple of things I'm struggling to work out how to do.

I'm using Pro Tools to record an audio book. So I record the narrator, and 'rock n roll' whenever the narrator makes a mistake, playing them back in and punching in. As we go through the book, I group all the clips into chapters so that at the end I'll have say 30 chapters/clips over a duration of say 18hrs.

Each grouped clip I'll name after the chapter of the book and, typically, all the clips will be on the same track.

After tidying up any edits etc I now need to master it by adding expanders, compressors, maximizers etc and adjust the levels to meet the required LUFS level. Therefore any export/bounce must go through the mixer.

What I want though is not only to be able to bounce through the mixer but I want each clip to be a separate WAV file and not the entire session to be a single WAV. Ideally I'd like these WAV's to be named after the clip names I've entered but I can rename them if that's not possible.

What is the best way to achieve this?
Old 05-06-2022, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Bouncing multiple Clips as separate WAVs?

"Bounce Factory" is a third party tool made for this purpose. I have not used it. It unfortunately uses SoundFlow. But it might be worth checking out.

Other DAWs have facilities for this, maybe some day we'll get it with PT.
Old 05-06-2022, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Bouncing multiple Clips as separate WAVs?

If this is a single Track and each Chapter is one Clip (by "Group" I'm assuming you mean "Consolidated" and all your plug-ins are on the Master Track, just select the Clip you want to process, bring up the Bounce Dialogue, name the File, choose the Sample Rate, navigate to the Destination, select Off Line if desired, and start the Bounce. Yes, you will have to do this for each clip. Or, do all the Clips together into one file, then import that file, separate that one file into Chapter Clips, name them and then Export them.

There are a couple of things to consider:

Plug-ins on an Audio or Aux Track are Pre-Fader, so any Volume Automation on the Track will not be reflected in the Signal going through any plug-ins. Plug-ins on a Master Track are Post Fader.

You can apply all your effects to the Clips directly using AudioSuite plugins if you want to, instead of using real-time plug-ins.

You can use Waves' WLM Plus Loudness Meter plug-in or similar on the Master to determine LUFS.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction