Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2006, 06:44 PM

Default New Free RTAS Plug Ins

http://www.smassey.com/plugins.html
Old 04-04-2006, 09:55 PM

Default Re: New Free RTAS Plug Ins

Looks nice, but not free.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Looks nice, but not free.
Yes, free. Can't automate, etc., without paying, but they work.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:16 AM

both fairly usless plugins, i had them on my system for a while, didnt sound good on anything. you cant bypass the free versions either and they dont remember settings when you close a session.

but they look nice
Old 04-05-2006, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Yes, free. Can't automate, etc., without paying, but they work.
With no session-restore functionality, the demo is useless unless you want to re-dial in your settings ever time you open a session. I don't know anyone that would use a plug-in that can't remember it's settings for each session, thus no-one is going to use this as a 'free' plug-in.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM

Speak for yourself. As usual.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:37 PM

Quote:
both fairly usless plugins, i had them on my system for a while, didnt sound good on anything. you cant bypass the free versions either and they dont remember settings when you close a session.

but they look nice
In my also humble opinion I would say that this freebie is very,very good on drums.

Stick the plug in on the kick,snare,and toms of a kit and they help it come to life. No adjustments necessary!
It brings out a certain nice sense of umph to percussion.

This version is free and is a wicked add-on to Pro Tools.

Cheeers to Mr.Massey.Reasonable prices.
No I-Lok mumbo-jumbo.
No yearly update bleeding of the wallet.

Simple plug-ins and good sound at $69 bucks for the full version.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:51 PM

Wow a plugin that actually sounds like an analog eq...I was actually really impressed w/ this plug....No you cant save settings in this demo mode but if you buy the plug you can automate and save....I get rather bored w/ the whole "waves" plugs are the shizz...Personally I own the waves gold bundle and rarely use the damn things...What I like about this plug is that it actually imparts character to the sound rather than the typical sterile shi# of all the "elite" plugins...People who bag on stuff like this are typically those who buy focusrite pentas because they're in all of the magazines...Look beyond the advertising and you'll find quality gear made by osa, bae, hell smassey.com...Just because it doesnt come in a snazzy marketed box doesn't mean something sucks....

Peace
Old 04-06-2006, 04:25 AM

"Just because it doesnt come in a snazzy marketed box doesn't mean something sucks...."

really? oh man i better go rethink my evaluation on the tape head plugin that sounded crap on everything i tried it on... i knew that having no box was distorting my judgment!

haha, sorry, but seriously mate, i totally get what you mean. i just didnt find these paticular plugins that useful both in tone and function. im sure that others would get great milage out of them if they were into the sound of them.

each to there own, different strokes and what ever floats ya boat...

peace
Old 04-06-2006, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Speak for yourself. As usual.

Is there a problem? I think it makes sense that people aren't going to use these as "freebies" for that reason, however if they like the demo there's nothing stopping them for paying $70 for the plug-in. I have nothing against the plug-in itselft, but I'm just saying people aren't going to use this without buying it because there's no session recall, thus it's not a "free" plug-in, just a plug-in with a demo available before puchase, but there's nothing wrong with that. I don't understand what warrants the person dig at me for stating this.