Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Default Issue regarding note pitching randomly changing in Pro Tools 9 MP

I came across an issue in a session I was just running which caused the note pitch of a MIDI instrument track to drop by a semitone. I checked the MIDI data itself and it was still in the key of B minor, however audibly the key had dropped a semitone to B flat minor. This happened as I was experimenting with the AIR Multi-Delay plugin. I duplicated the track, closed and reopened the session, created a new track with the same settings and notation, and the problem persisted. I checked with another existing track however, and the key was still at B. Has anyone come across this issue and can offer a fix? It seems bizarre and I'm fairly upset seeing as though it's hindered me in a current project. I'm using Pro Tools 9 MP with an Advent laptop on Windows 7, with an M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface and an Oxygen 25 midi controller.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Avid

Default Re: Issue regarding note pitching randomly changing in Pro Tools 9 MP

Hi,

Usually there are just a couple of things this could be. Something modifying the MIDI data like pitch change CC data or a real time property being applied to the track or an issue with clock (sample rate). You can set the track view in the edit window to pitch bend to look for any stray CC data.

If this is not the issue go to View>Edit Window Views and select Real-Time Properties. Look in the real-time properties for the tack at TRN (for transpose) and make sure it is not enabled.

If it's not these things make sure that the sample rate of the session and hardware are set the same way.

If the VI you are using has any kind of transpose/pitch adjustment make sure they are zeroed out.

Hop this helps.