Default Re: Unreal - 9092 Errors still happening

What clock are you using Basstian?

Oliver
Old 06-11-2012, 08:11 AM

I am using the mutec mc 3.1
Old 06-12-2012, 10:55 PM

Finally spent an entire day troubleshooting. Ended up with a completely stock system (no 3rd party software/plugins running), CPU Native at %13 and still getting these F*****G 9092 errors.

Tried calling Avid support a few times, trying all the ASCs from the 3 pieces of gear I bought, but since I bought the gear in Jan, they've expired. Man I almost lost it. Avid still hadn't (still hasn't?) figured out these 9092 errors, was still releasing updates, but I'm expected to have solved it and cut off from free support. I really feel taken advantage of.

Details on the troubleshooting:
Uninstalled and reinstalled PT 10.2. Started removing one brand of plugins at a time. Kept getting 9092 errors. Finally ended up with only stock Avid plugins all dated Jan 2012 or newer, no midi drivers, etc... Kept getting 9092 errors. Had some sidechain routing going on, tried turning that off, still got them. Turned off airport, quit dropbox, etc.. System worked for 3 hours. Put some crossfades on the tracks. 9092, even though had selected pause task manager during playback.

Sessions were no more than 25 tracks, cpu at %13, 24bit, 48k, buffer set to 64, 7 processors. I did notice, whenever I used 3rd party plugins or TL space the CPU native would jump a bit, but when I got rid of them it looked stable, with the exception of the frequent errors.

Not sure what to do next. Should I put in a fresh os drive and reinstall everything? I would try clocking externally, but I'm clocking to the freaking avid 16io, it's the most basic system. Again, sorry to bitch but so f***ing frustrated.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:52 AM
The Cargo Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
I have a theory it's related to certain Video display cards and I'm soon to find out for sure.

we have several of these MacPro models in my building and the two that use the GeForce 8800GT card are the ones that get the really bad 9129 errors.
We both also noticed that if we ever open a Quicktime, especially in QT7 Player, the 9129s will become constant (every single time you press play).
once this happens a restart is required.

I've just got my hands on the other common video card for these machines (Radeon 2600) and I've got another one on the way so hopefully I can soon rule that GeForce in or out.

FWIW, using one of each card (QT monitor using the ATI) I'm still getting 9129s but also a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]eload of "play/pause" issues.
pulled out both GeForce cards and put the ATI in slot 1, Native card in slot 2.
now I get 9129 and "play/pause"
quicktime is now safe to use it seems - so that's an improvement.

I did try clocking off an external wordclock but it made no diff.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:59 AM

I am still error free. Sorry that it did not solve the problem for you.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:28 PM

Thanks a lot for the reply.

It's in slot 4 now, but I originally tried it in slots 2 and 3, and it was even worse. Granted that was with the original HD 10.0 software, so maybe those will be better with 10.2. I do remember the Avid Support Tech telling me that slot 4 was the best with my machine (Nehalem), but maybe he was wrong?

Here are the full specs of what I've got going on:

MacPro5,1 (Nehalem) 3.2 GHZ Quad Core Intel Xeon, 12GB Ram, 4 internal Seagate Barracuda drives, OS 10.6.8

ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphics Card in Slot 1
HD Native Card currently in slot 4

Avid 16 io and 96 io, Pro Tools HD Native 10.2
Old 06-20-2012, 09:48 PM
The Cargo Cult

how about this,
if I have a QT loaded in PT it play OK - 9129s pretty regular but useable.
hide the QT window (cmd-9) and it throws an error every time I hit play.

I'm now using two completely different video cards and although te errors are different, I still get them constantly.

gotta be PCI issues.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:41 PM

I've been getting -9129 issues pretty much since going from CPTK to HD Native. I'm on a 2 x 2.26 Nehalem system w/ 14GB RAM on OSX 10.7.3, running PTHD 10.2.0. HD card is in slot 3, as recommended by Avid, though I have tried slot 4 with the same results.

I was starting to think this had something to do with using RTAS rather than AAX plugins. I do a lot of plug in automation, and it seems like I can automate the Avid Channelstrip until I'm blue-in-the-face, but as soon as I open up a Waves plugin (for instance), and start moving parameters, -9129 happens. Anyone have this result? Will all plugins on AAX in PT11 fix this problem?

Nonetheless, I'm really disappointed in this issue, as well as Avid's lack of response to the MANY posts regarding this issue. The fact is I depend on Avid/ProTools everyday, as my livelihood depends on a rock solid DAW that allows me to work fast and accurately. Going to HD Native was supposed facilitate this, and for the most part it does. However, I NEVER had any issues like this on my old LE/CPTK system, and it (the LE/CPTK system) obviously cost significantly less.

Avid, please at least respond to this issue. At least let us know you are listening, acknowledge there is a problem, and say you are working on a fix. I think that's all a lot of us are looking for here.

Last edited by sonichead; 08-08-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: clairification
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 AM

I'm running Pro Tools 10.2 on a HDX system and have the exact same problem as all of you have described. Doesn't matter how big the session is or what buffer size I'm running. I get less errors when disabling the video track. Sometimes I can run a big session whit like 130 tracks and a lot of plug-ins at 64 samples buffer size without any error. But then unexpectedly get the errors an then it's hopeless. Changing buffer size to 1024 just makes the errors to pop up a little less.
I've found that Dolby Media Meter make the error to pop up every time I display the plug-in, not when it runs in the background.
I also get the error "Timeout occurred interacting with an audio interface" sometimes. Mostly after not working with the computer for a while.

My gear is:
Mac Pro (Harpertown) 2 x 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
10GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

HD OMNI
192 I/O

I just found this page on avid.com that says the Avid does not recommend using "Harpertown", "Clovertown" or "Woodcrest" with HDX systems. They don't say so but maybe it's the same for HD Native systems.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...m-Requirements
Old 08-29-2012, 05:58 AM

I'm running Pro Tools 10.2 on a HDX system and have the exact same problem as all of you have described. Doesn't matter how big the session is or what buffer size I'm running. I get less errors when disabling the video track. Sometimes I can run a big session whit like 130 tracks and a lot of plug-ins at 64 samples buffer size without any error. But then unexpectedly get the errors an then it's hopeless. Changing buffer size to 1024 just makes the errors to pop up a little less.
I've found that Dolby Media Meter make the error to pop up every time I display the plug-in, not when it runs in the background.
I also get the error "Timeout occurred interacting with an audio interface" sometimes. Mostly after not working with the computer for a while.

My gear is:
Mac Pro (Harpertown) 2 x 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
10GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

HD OMNI
192 I/O

I just found this page on avid.com that says the Avid does not recommend using "Harpertown", "Clovertown" or "Woodcrest" with HDX systems. They don't say so but maybe it's the same for HD Native systems.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...m-Requirements