Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 03-14-2016, 05:52 PM

Default Native Instruments plugin issue with Commit and Freeze

When I use Kontakt 5 via a Komplete plugin and do a Freeze or Commit, the resulting audio is missing tones and sustain, and sound bad.

Is there anyone else having this problem or know if there's anything to be done?

I have the latest versions of everything.
The problem is reported to both Avid and NI, but there's no solution so far.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Native Instruments plugin issue with Commit and Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ha2dorff View Post
When I use Kontakt 5 via a Komplete plugin and do a Freeze or Commit, the resulting audio is missing tones and sustain, and sound bad.

Is there anyone else having this problem or know if there's anything to be done?

What version of OSX are you running? Your profile doesn't say. If it's 10.8.5 and you have the latest updates through NI Service Center there are known issues; the latest updates are for 10.9.5 and above.

What do you mean by 'use Kontakt 5 via a Komplete plugin'? Komplete is just a collection of NI products that are sold at one time under one license asset. You instantiate K5 as a single plugin from the PT insert menu.

QAPLA!
Old 03-18-2016, 06:59 AM

I've also experienced this problem with Kontakt 5 hosted in Komplete Kontrol, PT12.4, OSX 10.10.5.

When I commit or freeze tracks, there are random errors in the results- usually sustain related. Some notes play too short. Some notes on sustained passages (ie string pads) get cut short at strange moments.

Doing a real-time bounce (ie, not offline) seems to solve the problem usually. But it'd be nice if this was addressed.

In particular I've had this problem with Session Strings and some of the new pianos- the upright.

And, it's worst after I've deactivated the track (like after a freeze or commit) then reactivated it. Sometimes the audio plays back distorted or with clicks and pops. Closing the session and reopening has always solved that for me, but it's an annoyance, to be sure. I'll submit this to NI if I can find the place.
Late 2013 Mac Pro (trashcan), 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC, AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB, Startup disk SSD 512. OSX 10.15.7, Pro Tools 2022.10. Carbon (AVB), Lynx Aurora 16(n) (Thunderbolt)
Old 03-18-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett Paster View Post
I've also experienced this problem with Kontakt 5 hosted in Komplete Kontrol, PT12.4, OSX 10.10.5.

When I commit or freeze tracks, there are random errors in the results- usually sustain related. Some notes play too short. Some notes on sustained passages (ie string pads) get cut short at strange moments.

Doing a real-time bounce (ie, not offline) seems to solve the problem usually. But it'd be nice if this was addressed.

In particular I've had this problem with Session Strings and some of the new pianos- the upright.

And, it's worst after I've deactivated the track (like after a freeze or commit) then reactivated it. Sometimes the audio plays back distorted or with clicks and pops. Closing the session and reopening has always solved that for me, but it's an annoyance, to be sure. I'll submit this to NI if I can find the place.
Track Freeze and Commit with MIDI is not quite ready for prime time from my thorough use of it. It has many bugs unfortunately.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-18-2016, 01:20 PM

Default Native Instruments plugin issue with Commit and Freeze

Thanks for your answers!

OS version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 (15D21).

Komplete plugin: I ment Kontakt 5 hosted in Komplete Kontrol. Sorry.

Last edited by ha2dorff; 03-20-2016 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:41 AM

Hey Ha2dorff- did you change your reply from yesterday? I swear I saw a post from you about turning off mult-threading or multi-core processor use in Kontakt 5. Did that turn out not to solve your problem? Or am I making that up?

I did report the bugs to NI. So far no response, but it's the weekend. I'll update this thread if I learn anything, either from them or from tweaking on my end.
Late 2013 Mac Pro (trashcan), 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC, AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB, Startup disk SSD 512. OSX 10.15.7, Pro Tools 2022.10. Carbon (AVB), Lynx Aurora 16(n) (Thunderbolt)
Old 03-20-2016, 08:57 AM

Yes, I did change my reply, Bennett. Thanks for your response :)

I tried to change the "Multiprocessor support (Standalone)" to "off". It seemed to work, but suddenly the problem was back

I was in contact with Istvan at NI. I'll call him again tomorrow. I guess my answers to his mails go to their spam folder...
Old 11-25-2022, 05:58 PM

Quote:

Is anyone else still having a similar issue in 2022? About 1 out of every 20 commits have missing notes, missing sustains etc. This is happening with both Kontakt (6) and Omnisphere and I can't seem to isolate what is causing it.

Running Protools 2022.7 on a 2018 Mac mini (6-core i7, 64GB, Monterey 12.1) with Kontakt 6 and latest omnisphere

Last edited by rmpaudio; 11-25-2022 at 06:08 PM. Reason: added system info
Old 05-27-2023, 01:25 PM

Quote:

I'm having the same issue with MBA M1 2020 running PT Studio 2023 and Kontakt 7. When I try to bounce, commit or freeze there are clicks and pops, and the sustain stops working, has anyone find a solution yet?
Old 05-27-2023, 02:28 PM

Welcome to DUC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydoni View Post
I'm having the same issue with MBA M1 2020 running PT Studio 2023 and Kontakt 7. When I try to bounce, commit or freeze there are clicks and pops, and the sustain stops working, has anyone find a solution yet?
I kinda suspect anything you are seeing is necessarily related to this thread and more you need to just focus on basic setup and optimization and troubleshooting. Systems Optimization and standard troubleshooting is documented under "Help Us Help You" up the top of every DUC web page. Also note the kind of information expected there.

Pro Tools 2023.3, are you running that full native mode (the default) or are you running under Rosetta for compatibility reasons?

What interface are you using? What interface driver version? What sample rate session? What HW buffer size? What macOS version? And very importantly how much memory is in that MBA? If it's only 8GB that may explain the issues. If it's only 8GB exit every other program you can and makes sure disk cache size is set to "normal" then watch the "memory pressure" stat in the Mac Activity Monitor utility. If it's not green for most of the time you are in trouble, do not worry about "free memory" or other things, they are not that useful.

Does this happen on one session only? some related sessions? Any session?

Uncheck both ignore errors boxes.

What happens of you make the H/W Buffer size as large as you can?

What happens when you move *all* the .aaxplugin plugins out of the plugin folder, trash prefs and restart. Then with the core plugins which will automagically be put back... can you create sessions that work OK using just those plugins... should be easy but if not then something is very sick.