Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-10-2008, 11:17 AM

Default Re: PT 7.4 LE - Waveforms drawing incorrectly

Quote:
Quote:
We are still working on this. Leopard has the most priority at the moment and this problem is a little more complex than originally thought, but we will issue an update to address it as quickly as we can.

Until a couple of days ago, I hadn't had a single waveform drawn correctly since switching to 7.4.

The sessions I resumed work on were older, started in 7.0. I've just noticed that the waveforms are drawn correctly when I work in a session that I started in this older version of ProTools, even after saving as 7.4. Hopefully, this will help you track down the bug.
Is this ONLY supposed to be MAC issue ?
I am on Windows XP and have the same Issue since 7.4
but i can only find info on it in the MAC Forum ?
.... Strange ...?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
We are still working on this. Leopard has the most priority at the moment and this problem is a little more complex than originally thought, but we will issue an update to address it as quickly as we can.

Until a couple of days ago, I hadn't had a single waveform drawn correctly since switching to 7.4.

The sessions I resumed work on were older, started in 7.0. I've just noticed that the waveforms are drawn correctly when I work in a session that I started in this older version of ProTools, even after saving as 7.4. Hopefully, this will help you track down the bug.

ADDENDUM:
When I typed the above, it was true. It is no longer and nothing in my set up has changed. I'm back to recalculating every single waveform, from entire takes, down to very short punch-ins. Basically, for a few days there, it was drawing the waveforms correctly and now it is back to drawing them incorrectly. Sorry for the useless info. This is a waste of my time, and my time is not elastic. [rimshot...]
LaCie Porsche Firewire Hard Drives
Old 04-13-2008, 01:24 PM

Absolutely this is completely ridiculous!!!
I have an issue where my waveforms seem to be piggy-backing the transients, i have duplicate waveforms in places where therre is no sound and no waveforms in places where there is sound so what the hell is going on. I am using this in fron of clients, thankfully it is a lower key demo studio situation but still, I am getting paid and I look, like everyone else, realllllly bad!

What UP DIGI? don't leave us hanging like this, our money is as good as anyone elses and anyway, if your Pro Audio DAW is NOT DRAWING FRIGGIN WAVEFORMS properly then HOW PRO IS IT??????????????

On an iMac G5 PT7.4 elastic blah blah blah, 1.5gigs ram, nothin' special but that ain't no excuse!
Old 04-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Avid

Quote:
Absolutely this is completely ridiculous!!!
I have an issue where my waveforms seem to be piggy-backing the transients, i have duplicate waveforms in places where therre is no sound and no waveforms in places where there is sound so what the hell is going on. I am using this in fron of clients, thankfully it is a lower key demo studio situation but still, I am getting paid and I look, like everyone else, realllllly bad!

What UP DIGI? don't leave us hanging like this, our money is as good as anyone elses and anyway, if your Pro Audio DAW is NOT DRAWING FRIGGIN WAVEFORMS properly then HOW PRO IS IT??????????????

On an iMac G5 PT7.4 elastic blah blah blah, 1.5gigs ram, nothin' special but that ain't no excuse!
We are definitely aware of the issue and are working on a fix as quickly as possible.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:

We are definitely aware of the issue and are working on a fix as quickly as possible.

Our B studio has been having the problem for a few days now. Do you guys still need more real-world info and cases for the issue?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
And what, where is your awareness gone? Still no luck in making the fix (for several months)?
I understand, there may be some more important tasks to do - for example producing a pre-release for Leopard.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 AM

I have noticed this problem only happens to me when my session is set to run on 32.
When I'm at 512 it does not do this. So it looks to me that while the buffer size is set to a small setting it choses to ignore or make less important the tasks of writting a pretty wave to disk to ensure that the quality of the audio is being recorded and played back at the best quality possible according to the settings that you are using. I guess they built it correctly and it makes sence because the system should work like that. It's just that when we have something good we want better. DigiDesign, thanks for giving us less latency. I will wait patiently and if you come up with something to help I'll appreciate it. Thanks.

G4 1.25 Dual
2 G RAM
OSX 10.4.9
Pro-Tools 7.4
Digi002

Note: if I do notice it during any other setting I will reply to let you know.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I have noticed this problem only happens to me when my session is set to run on 32.
When I'm at 512 it does not do this. So it looks to me that while the buffer size is set to a small setting it choses to ignore or make less important the tasks of writting a pretty wave to disk to ensure that the quality of the audio is being recorded and played back at the best quality possible according to the settings that you are using. I guess they built it correctly and it makes sence because the system should work like that. It's just that when we have something good we want better. DigiDesign, thanks for giving us less latency. I will wait patiently and if you come up with something to help I'll appreciate it. Thanks.

How does this make sense? Pro Tools is supposed to be the standard. It shouldn't matter what your buffer size is. I don't think Digi intended for there to be a compromise between quality audio and incorrect waveforms. This is just simply a bug that is taking way too long to fix. Also, I don't think anyone wants their waveforms to be "pretty", we just want them to be accurate.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:33 AM

wow, glad it's not just me! This began happening for me after I upgraded to 7.4. In my case, it never happens in real-time while I am recording or working. Instead, the problem appears when I open a previously-saved session. About 20% of the time, I'll open a session I had been working on a few days earlier, and I'll hear no audio where I see a waveform and then hear audio where I see no waveform. It looks like PT thinks the waveform is many bars earlier than it really is. Recalculating the waveforms does the trick for me... until the next time I open the session, that is.

Macbook pro
4MB RAM
Mbox 2 Pro
FW400 drive daisychained to the Mbox
PT 7.4
OSX 10.4.11
Old 06-03-2008, 11:51 AM

try this it may work for you guys.when i start a session (usually from a template)i save and close the session before ireally work on it.then i open the session and pro tools knows to put imported audio into correct folders and wave caches etc.im sure some of you guys have worked on one session thenstarted the next session and when you try to import any audio it wants to put the audio in the older session audio folder,correct?so make your session,save,close,reopen and this might be a solution,hope it helps

http://www.myspace.com/masterlinkstudios
Macpro 2.88-4 Gig Ram,HD2,Big Ben,Rosetta 200,Dangerous D Box,Mercury Bundle + Studio classics bundle ,C/24,2-UA 6176,U87ai,Genelec 8050 & 8020,Logic,Final Cut Studio 2,Canon hxa1(hd camera)-Macbook Pro,Mbox 2 Micro.http://www.masterlinkstudios.com/.http://www.myspace.com/masterlinkstudios