Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 05-03-2022, 08:51 PM

Default upgrading ultimate

In the midst of all of the product line changes, my perpetual Ultimate still has 10 months to go.

I downloaded and installed Ultimate 2022.4, and am wondering which of the plug-ins are "new" or "improved" and need updating. It would be helpful if that info was shared.

I am assuming the files with 2018 in the file name are not, but what about all of the plug-ins. Anything needing reinstalling?

Just trying to save the time of going through everything one by one, because I have another life.... sort of.

Media Man.
Old 05-04-2022, 02:58 AM

Default Re: upgrading ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Man View Post
In the midst of all of the product line changes, my perpetual Ultimate still has 10 months to go.

I downloaded and installed Ultimate 2022.4, and am wondering which of the plug-ins are "new" or "improved" and need updating. It would be helpful if that info was shared.

I am assuming the files with 2018 in the file name are not, but what about all of the plug-ins. Anything needing reinstalling?

Just trying to save the time of going through everything one by one, because I have another life.... sort of.

Media Man.
I believe the bundled plugins with Ultimate are the same, and just the main Pro Tools app has changed or been updated. I am assuming this as I only updated Ultimate Pro Tools and all older projects open fine.
Old 05-04-2022, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
I believe the bundled plugins with Ultimate are the same, and just the main Pro Tools app has changed or been updated. I am assuming this as I only updated Ultimate Pro Tools and all older projects open fine.
Same here!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-04-2022, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Man View Post

Media Man.

Since you didn't specify which OS your on, I'm going to assume it's macOS.

If so you'll need to update your Software Updates + Support Plan's Complete Plugin Bundle to version 2022.2. Unfortunately you'll have to download and install each plugin separately from you Avid Master Account / View My Products / Pro Tools Ultimate download section.

If your on Windows there is no new update for the Complete Plugin Bundle.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:21 PM

Yeah, my bad. Windows 10 here.

Media Man