Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-17-2004, 03:28 PM

Default Posting Music Clips to Share?

Over the years of off and on DUC action, I've noticed that one of the most popular categories of messages is actually pretty much Off Topic. I'm referring to the many listings of sound clips and whole songs that people post. I think this is actually very cool, even if not of a "technical advice" nature. I'm always most fascinated to check out what other Digi owners are doing.
I'm getting close to the point of where I'll want to share some clips of a major work in progress for feedback. My most financially successful music production has been commercial sample CD's and the most successful one of those has been a Didgeridoo Sample CD distributed by Big Fish. For several years I've been doing lots of varied music production with the principal "target" of more sample CD's. There's more didge stuff (not just me this time), jaw harp, Native American flute, technoish synth, various tribal and modern dancish percussion and other instruments, etc etc bla bla bla. The first volume will probably be called "BEYOND THE EDGE....Techno-Tribal Power Grooves". I want to put a collection of short clips on my site and then get as many people as possible to listen and tell me what they like, what they don't, and what they might conceivably want to buy for their music project use. All recording and production of all my music has been done with Pro Tools systems of various vintages over the years, even all the stuff I've done in India (ibook & MBox).
Is the concensus of DUC'ers that this is an OK sort of topic to approach the DUC with? I've been a flame recipient over various issues in the past and I don't like it much. I'd prefer not to give offense if I can avoid it. I hate receiving 100-200 spams per day and I don't want to send even one message that people might perceive as "spam". So, do you want to be notified with a list of sound clip links some time soonish, or not??
?? ??