Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-16-2011, 09:43 AM

Unhappy Installation problems!

I posted a thread a few days ago about my installer crashing. Well the situation has gotten perhaps a bit better, but still quite frustrating. Here it is:

I recently purchased a new iMac. It's a 21.5" iMac 11,2, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB ram running OSX 10.6.7 Snow Leopard.

I bought Pro Tools LE 8, NIB with an Mbox 2 a few months ago and had it installed on a 20" iMac G5, 2.1 GHz Power PC, 2.5 GB ram (maxed) running OSX 10.5.8 Leopard. It worked fine, just couldn't handle very many tracks or too many plug-ins until I started getting processor overload errors frequently... thus the new computer.

Well, I've started with a clean install of Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.7. I inserted the Pro Tools 8 for Mac DVD that came in the box and tried installing a few times and the installer would just crash and disappear. I was made aware on Avid's website that you can, in combination with the DVD, download 8.0.3 and it has it's own installer that uses your DVD and you just have to put in your auth. code at one point. Did all that. It got to the end of that installation and said, "Installation Failed! The item you are trying to install from is damaged. Try installing from a different copy of the item or contact the manufacturer for a replacement." The DVD has VERY light and minor scratches. YES, I know even the slightest could cause problems, but I have a hard time seeing that these could cause such issues... I've seen CD's and DVD's that look like they've been through a rock crusher play fine. ANYWAY, I did call the manufacturer... AND I HAVE TO PAY $40 JUST TO TALK TO SOMEONE REAL!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I've already paid for Pro Tools. Can I download my program with my auth. code somewhere?? Is there a back door to Avid where I can talk to someone to get this to me or My Digi account?? I don't need a $40 phone conversation... that's stupid.

Help.