How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2010, 07:37 PM

Default Mellowmuse Auto Time Adjuster

http://www.mellowmuse.com/ATA.html

I found a few threads light on info without giving hardcore appraisal.

Anyone using this plugin and could comment on its quality? Seems turnkey to me. I'd sure like to ditch my calculator.

I'm assuming its fully compatible with v8?

Any other plug suggestions for delay compensation?

I guess if I see responses such as "yeah its good for rough mixes, but for my final mixes I always compensate manually" then I'll just stick with the old way.

Thanks folks,
Mike.
P.S. Me = 32bit win + LE 8.01.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 03-30-2010, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Mellowmuse Auto Time Adjuster

there is only the digidesign manual Time Adjuster,
besides Mellowmuse for DC.

Mellowmuse has a Demo Version, so it´s best to check it yourself
and see if you can work with it.

best
Old 03-30-2010, 11:19 AM

Thanks mindnoise for confirming my options, wasn't sure if there were other solutions.

Indeed, I think I'll give the trial a spin.
Ta,
Mike.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 04-06-2010, 02:11 PM

It´s an essential plug for PTLE , imo.

- i7 520 @ 3.6 GHz / P6T / XP32 / PTLE 8.01 . PT9 on Snow .
- PTLE8 on a macbook.

- And a bunch of miscellaneous obsolete hardware from the past. Like Mix ++++ 64 i/o with Control/24

I`m In The Band: www.ozofficial.com
My guitars are in tune : http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php
Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 PM

I've been using this plug for a while now, but to tell you the truth never really thought it worked well enough for outboard gear.

Sometimes I would push a ping through and everything lined up great....but other times the tracks would be way out of whack, or one track or the other would be out. I'm 100% sure I've got it routed how it should be for the plug to work. But when you can press the ping button 4 times and get 4 different results I wasn't so sure. If anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong, please let me know.

I should probably have another crack using my outboard gear again as I'm probably guilty of losing patience with it fairly quickly.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:49 PM

think the best way is manually...recently discovered the plug in...but have my doubts...hope digi adds adc to le and m powered soon!!! even logic express have it!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:46 PM

Yeah, the tech is obviously there. I mean, they can just make it work like the MM plugin, only everything happens automatically and under the hood.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:59 PM

tired of adjusting manually my tracks using the time adjuster delay.... big sessions arround 40 tracks plus aux and plug ins kinda sucks adjustem manually...and the mellowmuse is not the option kinda sucks too...any other way or plug in?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:00 PM

no other options, digi time adjuster or mm ata.

it works good. the routing is a bit confusing at first learning how to use dry busses and such, which is a deal breaker for some if they have no busses to spare.

those that have not used the newer version of it: you can manually type in the delay time and also lock it out from future pings.

tweaking the ping volume can sometimes alter the delay readings. so try to keep it consistent.

if you use a pretty solid mix setup, you can easily write down delay times for a chain of plugs or hardware and manually enter it in and not deal with the pinging process. (the trick for hardware!) if you change a plug on a channel it could alter that channels delay time and if you insert a plug that has higher latency than any other plug you have inserted, it would affect ALL the channels. but just knowing the amount of latency to your outboard can pretty well solve all your hardware issues if the ping does not work right.

gary runs a nice forum on the mellowmuse site and is always willing to have you send him a session to setup routing for you and answer questions.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 04-22-2010, 04:04 PM

Thanks guitardom.....this may be my failing with using hardware and the ping process.

I'm doing overly complicated mixes at the moment so my routing is simply and right, its just the hardware that is throwing me out.

Gary suggests that you run the bypass when pinging through hardware, but my problem is my compressor obviously has different latency through the bypass and the compressor itself. So I ping with the bypass on, take off the bypass and the tracks don't line up. I'm not sure either that if I change the settings on my compressor, the latency for that hardware changes too..

How are you manually figuring out the latency of your hardware? This could be pure gold for me.....