Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 03-30-2021, 04:22 PM

Default How change sample rate for a whole project without changing the audio?

Hi

I have a strange thing that happened with my Antelope Orion 32 HD and Pro Tools native setup.

I did a recording outside of the studio this week. I set up my Pro Tools session to 48kHz.
I totally forgot to set the Orion to 48, so it was set to 44.1 the whole time.

Then I went back home where I have a setup with the Orion and my Avid omni.

I open the 48 KHz Pro Tools Project. I put the Orion to 48. clocking the Avid Omni to 48. Now the audio plays back at a slower speed. (so the session that shows 48 is really 44.1 right?)

I set the Orion to 44.1 still clocking the Avis Omni to 48 and now the Pro Tools 48 khz session play back at the right speed.

How is the best way to fix all this? I think the Pro Tools project really has a 44.1 clock but the session shows 48.

Any way to correct this?

I used to own AVID HD I/O and everything were automatic and it would always link to the Pro Tools session samplerate
Old 03-30-2021, 05:03 PM

Default Re: How change sample rate for a whole project without changing the audio?

There are a couple of ways to recover from this. The easiest at this stage is to do a save copy including all audio. Manually change the sample rate to the correct one and turn off sample rate conversion.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 04-08-2021, 10:39 AM

Default Re: How change sample rate for a whole project without changing the audio?

Quote:
There are a couple of ways to recover from this. The easiest at this stage is to do a save copy including all audio. Manually change the sample rate to the correct one and turn off sample rate conversion.
03-30-2021 11:22 PM
Thanks for helping, appreciate it:)
Im starting to work on this project now. I cant see any "turn off sample rate conversion" in the save copy in window? I just chose 44.1 and saved to a new location.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:44 AM

Create a new session and then import your files.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmixer04 View Post
Thanks for helping, appreciate it:)
Im starting to work on this project now. I cant see any "turn off sample rate conversion" in the save copy in window? I just chose 44.1 and saved to a new location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Create a new session and then import your files.
It appears Avid has done away with the ability to use "Save Copy In" to change a session's sample rate without sample rate converting the audio.

So the next option as JFreak mentioned is to use Import>Session Data to import all the tracks and audio to a new session at the correct sample rate while turning off the sample rate conversion.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Old 04-09-2021, 08:13 AM

Use "Save Session Copy In..." at 44.1k, let it SRC the new files, then just throw out the new files and force a relink to the old files (tweak the search options to just search on filename). I haven't done this, but I *think* this should work.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 04-12-2021, 12:45 AM

Quote:
It appears Avid has done away with the ability to use "Save Copy In" to change a session's sample rate without sample rate converting the audio.

So the next option as JFreak mentioned is to use Import>Session Data to import all the tracks and audio to a new session at the correct sample rate while turning off the sample rate conversion.
Yes. Thats what I found out. Made a new session in 48. And since I actually wanted a 48 session and convert the 44.1 recorded fles to 48. It was easy just choose source and destination sample rate.

Quote:
Use "Save Session Copy In..." at 44.1k, let it SRC the new files, then just throw out the new files and force a relink to the old files (tweak the search options to just search on filename). I haven't done this, but I *think* this should work.
Interesting. But since I wanted to convert the files to 48 I went with the previous described process

Thanks All for helping, appreciate it
Old 04-12-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
For the record, I seem to have been confusing the features available in the import session dialog with what's available in the save copy in dialog. After checking older versions of Pro Tools, I failed to find any evidence that the feature I remembered ever actually existed. #failinggraymatter