Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2002, 10:12 AM

Default MIDI/OMS Problem solved. Thanks!

I was trying to get my synth and my drum machine to both work properly in my MIDI chain and was changing cords with the Power on both on the Digi 001 and the drum machine....

To make a long story short ProTools won't see a MIDI signal from either my synth or from the drum machine anymore. It also won't send a MIDI signal to them either. Am I S.O.L. or is it worth it to try to uninstall, and reinstall OMS and try to set it up again?
Old 01-04-2002, 10:45 AM

Default Re: MIDI/OMS Problem solved. Thanks!

Did you set up OMS Properly? OMS can be tricky and mindboggling. Do you have an external midi interface?

Need more info about machine. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2002, 01:23 PM

its oms. Take out the Digi 001 midi driver ..and then download a new one. Put it back in. Test studio in the OMS app. And I bet all will be well.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:00 PM

YES! That worked [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you very much [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2002, 12:17 AM

It's a G4 running OS 9.1. I don't have (or know what one is) an external MIDI interface. I have a BOSS DR-770 Drum Machine, which only has ports for MIDI In and MIDI Out, I have a Roland JV-1080 synth module (has MIDI In, MIDI Out and MIDI Thru) and an external MIDI keyboard which only has a MIDI Out.

I wanted them all to work in a MIDI Chain with ProTools so that both the synth module (or at least the MIDI keyboard) and the drum machine both send and receive MIDI signals to and from ProTools.

The first time I set it up, I was only either able to make both the drum machine send and receive or the synth module send and receive (when their appropriate channels were selected) but I had to switch cables to use whichever I wanted. I was working fine this way but I got a little ambitious and decided to try and chain them together.

Now ProTools won't send or receive MIDI signals from either the drum machine or the synth module at all, but I can send a MIDI signal from the drum machine to the synth module which tells me that the drum machine is okay and that my cables are okay.