Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2023, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbree View Post
PSP have said they wont be releasing updates for the rest of their plugins until June..
This is a shame. I have nearly every plugin they make and too many are still unavailable Natively. I thought they'd be quicker with the migrations.
Old 03-29-2023, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
OK. Checking again, even tho it said on the Drumstrip page v 6.6.10 it actually downloaded 6.6.15. So I checked my other remaining non-native SSLs, from the "Downloads" link on the front page, downloaded and installed them - all my SSL plugins are now running native AAX:
LMC+
4KB channelstrip
Vocalstrip
Drumstrip
Channelstrip
Bus compressor
X-Saturator
FlexVerb
…and there are likely more.

Thanks, Len.
heee thanks for this men! I'll download the other SSL plugins next to the Bus compressor and Channel strip as well then. Good to know they're now AAX silicon native.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:23 AM

Quote:
OK. Checking again, even tho it said on the Drumstrip page v 6.6.10 it actually downloaded 6.6.15. So I checked my other remaining non-native SSLs, from the "Downloads" link on the front page, downloaded and installed them - all my SSL plugins are now running native AAX:
LMC+
4KB channelstrip
Vocalstrip
Drumstrip
Channelstrip
Bus compressor
X-Saturator
FlexVerb
…and there are likely more.

Thanks, Len.
Awesome find! I went ahead and installed everything and can verify the SSL plugins work Natively as well. However, I have a strange issue with the preset menu on all of them, as I cannot click on the preset dropdown and load a preset. I can use the arrow buttons to browse through them but the preset menus inside the plugins are not working properly in 2023.3 (native and Rosetta modes), which is isolated to this PT version. I uninstalled PT and tried it with 2022.12 and the SSL plugs work fine.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstmusic View Post
I have a strange issue with the preset menu on all of them, as I cannot click on the preset dropdown and load a preset. I can use the arrow buttons to browse through them but the preset menus inside the plugins are not working properly in 2023.3 (native and Rosetta modes), which is isolated to this PT version.
After a quick check on LMC´, I see what you mean. If do a usual - click on the preset and release the button, then click on the preset I want, nothing happens. It works, though, if I dont release the mouse button before the pointer is over the preset name.

I wonder if this has to do with Ventura also. Are you on latest Ventura?
Old 03-31-2023, 04:23 PM

Quote:
After a quick check on LMC´, I see what you mean. If do a usual - click on the preset and release the button, then click on the preset I want, nothing happens. It works, though, if I dont release the mouse button before the pointer is over the preset name.

I wonder if this has to do with Ventura also. Are you on latest Ventura?
Ahhh, yeah you can't let go of the mouse! You're awesome! What a silly issue to have.... I'm on Monterey 12.6.4, no Ventura yet, so I'm not sure what's causing it.
Old 03-31-2023, 04:25 PM

Izotope Neutron is now AAX AS native. Weird though, opened existing session from the past with Neutron EQ on a session but PT said plugin had to be opened/run in Rosetta. BUT, PT disabled that instance but the updated plugin install from Izotope is installed and listed in PT plugin list and loads whatever I need to use in Neutron. PS. Thanks goes to Burbree and Ben for initial heads up regarding the SSL Drumstrip update and nice SSL setup you have Ben .

Len
Old 03-31-2023, 05:06 PM

Vienna Symphonic's reverb MIR Pro 3D is now Apple Silicon Native

v7.2.3276 - March 30, 2023
Improved
Convolution Engine performance
Removed MIRacle corner resize indicator
Improved macOS
Apple Silicon ready
Old 04-01-2023, 04:59 AM

Sknote Disto3 and Disto-S are now AAX Native and also include AAX-DSP!!
They are now the only Native AAX DSP Distressor Plug-in, leaving Arousor behind for 1/4 of the price
Old 04-01-2023, 05:20 AM

Arturia released all their VI’s to be AAX Native (bye bye Uhe). Then they update all their FX 2 weeks later but don’t include AAX!?
Old 04-01-2023, 09:17 AM

XLN Audio RC-20 Retro Color now Silicon native.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1