Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2008, 06:26 PM

Default Inputs playing when Pro tools is closed

I have a guitar hooked into my Mbox 2 Mini in one of the inputs and headphones coming off of the front jack on the mbox. When, I strum the guitar, no matter if I'm in Pro tools or at the desktop with no application on, I can hear the guitar coming in loud and clear through the headphones as I strum it. How do I make it so that it only makes sound if I'm in Pro Tools with the track record enabled. This doesn't happen at another rig I use with a 002.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Inputs playing when Pro tools is closed

Welcome to the DUC, hockeyiz.

This is the PT TDM forum. Please note that there is a forum dedicated to ProTools LE and its various hardware options (scroll down from from the DUC’s main page and you’ll see it). While most of the PT software is the same for both platforms, each has its own set of exclusive compatibility requirements, features, issues and problems. Therefore, most answers to such will vary also—highlighting the wisdom of posting on the appropriate forum.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 04-26-2008, 09:18 PM

I thought this might be a mac-specific problem. It doesn't do it on the Windows rig I use.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:40 AM

Normal.

Mbox has whats called the Mix knob. Read your getting started guide that comes with the Mbox. It explains that it will mix the input of the guitar with the output depending on where it's positioned. It's possible to turn mix knob all the way so you have output only, thus killing input.

002/003's don't use the mix knob. But they can use LLMM, low latency monitor mode to combat latency instead.

Devices just work differently, has nothing to do with mac or pc.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:55 PM

Thank you so much