Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2022, 12:24 PM

Default Re: More Markers Pleeeeze!

Quote:
I create a Scene Change Track and then use region groups.
I do this too it's a work around I agree, both Ediload and Matchbox can make scene change tracks.
The great thing about markers for me is they go down all your tracks.
So you can see where you are at any point vertically in your session.
Also I have some great shortcuts that select between markers and nudge to next and previous marker. extend clip to next marker etc, which you can then use on any track and not have to refer back to wherever your region group track is.
Just add an extra zero to them, 9999 should do it.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
I do this too it's a work around I agree, both Ediload and Matchbox can make scene change tracks.
The great thing about markers for me is they go down all your tracks.
So you can see where you are at any point vertically in your session.
Also I have some great shortcuts that select between markers and nudge to next and previous marker. extend clip to next marker etc, which you can then use on any track and not have to refer back to wherever your region group track is.
Just add an extra zero to them, 9999 should do it.
Agreed. I'm sure we all use clip groups but there are a few reasons markers are still useful. The big ones for me being recall and the demarcation.

I'd love to have separate tracks/colors for scene boundaries, one for director notes, one for my spotting notes, etc... stuff that works better IMO with markers instead of clips.
Old 07-26-2022, 08:08 AM

Marker tracks (including track width)
Specify Marker colors (including line that extends downard)
Searchable Markers
Locking Markers
Auto Generation Of Markers on clip boundaries...

I would love to see all of these

MKD Creative
Old 07-26-2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Would it be very hard to let us have more markers?
I use markers for scene boundaries to assist with laying backgrounds etc, notes on dialogue, to remind me to do something etc.

On a feature film they quickly run out.

Of course it would be great if you could have different colours on different marker tracks that you can show and hide as needed, but just allowing them to go beyond 999 would be a bonus for now.
Is it like the Millenium Bug for Pro Tools or something?
RIP Ideascale Idea

We tried many moons ago, not much has changed.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 07-28-2022, 08:54 AM

I feel your pain Ryan we have been asking for many years, but we have to keep plugging away to get these things.

Maybe someone will notice the interest?
Old 09-29-2022, 03:50 AM

Ah Ha!
We got more markers!
I'm going to post requests on here more often.
Now can we have more marker lanes and colours please.