Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2002, 01:36 AM

Default Trouble opening TDM session in LE

Can anyone help with this:
A session recorded in a TDM system won't open properly on LE (M-Box). It complains that some files don't have the unique identifier and does not accept the correct files.

I have only found reference to track number and plug-in limitations on the Digi website.

I have a TDM system 5.1.1 in OS 9.1. The LE system is 5.2.x in OS 9.2.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Trouble opening TDM session in LE

try this once you have opened the session file...then import the audio files back into the session...hopefully they have all been consolidated properly and they should slide right in.
Old 10-17-2002, 04:37 AM

Strange...
I did this several times and never had this problem (PT 5.1.1/Mix/TDM/MacOS 9->PT LE 5.2/MBox/MacOS 9.2 and vice versa). Are all audio files copied into your hard drive?
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 11:30 AM

Sometimes this problem happens on a TDM system. Did you copy the session on your hard drive?
1.Try changing the drives.
2.Create new session file and import track option under file menu -import all the files at once.
3.Maybe you those files with wrong identifier are not used in the session. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2002, 06:14 AM

Thanks for the advice, we fixed the problem today after much experimentation. Importing tracks etc didn't work because PT still wanted the "unique identifier". This was the problem, can anyone explain why?:
The client with the LE M-box system had loaded all files and session onto his drive. Next he did some other work in OSX. Then back to OS 9.2 and tried to open the session that wouldn't recognise its files.
Today he simply re-loaded all audio onto his drive and *voila* it works! Does OSX put something on the file or tree that PT does not recognize? Thanks again, Lee (Perth, Australia) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]