How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 07-22-2022, 09:26 AM

Default Producer desk insight

I have a 32 5 knob m40.
My desk is an argosy eclipse.

Currently there are argosy producer desk on the left and right side on the console but I would like to center my operator position by adding a screen center. I have a Vesa arm but with larger modern screens, getting it above the M40 blocks my center channel. lol 3 years ago My assistant would operate left or right and Id mix in the center but post covid Its just me mostly in the room, Clients would rather stay home and login.

This brings me to a producer desk option from avid but I cant really expand the frame. Im at max width for my smaller room.

My question: When you add a producer desk does it have its own width/frame or is it taking up 2 Frame spaces? I was considering just going down to 24 fader and adding avid producer desk insert but Im unclear if this is even possible on my current frame or would I still need to expand the frame. I wouldn't want to five up 16 faders. 24 is my happy place.

What are you guys with No Producer desk doing who need a center channel?
Old 07-22-2022, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Producer desk insight

2 frame spaces.
Just take the units you have on the far left and right and move them to the center (if those are Avid-sized)

We do the producer desk in the center of our S6 units.
24 faders left, producer desk that takes up 2 space, MTM/MCM, 8 more faders on right. That's 7 "buckets" across. (Our frames have room to grow with one more bucket on either side but just blanking panels now)

(the other option is just blanking panels in the center -- 2 across again; we've done that also)
Old 07-22-2022, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Producer desk insight

Right. So the producer desk I have are part of the Argosy eclipse and not the Avid frame. But you answered my main question. I’d need to add 2 more sections to the frame and also expand the argosy base.

Last edited by DHS; 07-23-2022 at 09:18 PM.