Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-12-2022, 01:35 PM

Default Panning Stereo Tracks on S1

I know this is basic but I've been all over the forums and the S1 manual. Right now the S1 channel pan knobs manipulate the left pan knob on stereo tracks. I need to pan both knobs.

How do I enable the individual channel pan knob to switch between the left and right knobs?
Old 07-12-2022, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Panning Stereo Tracks on S1

If the Flip [Channel] button is not lit, then you will get the Left channel pan control on the encoder above the track. In that mode, use the Page keys to switch the encoder between Left and Right channel pan controls on stereo tracks.

If you hold the surface Shift button (upper left of the S1) and then press Flip [Channel] so it lights up, then you are in channel mode. Then you will have both left and right channel pan controls on the encoders starting at the left. These will be linked to whichever channel is attentioned (Sel button above the fader is lit up). Press the Sel button of whichever channel you want to control pan left and right pan simultaneously.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:23 AM

Scott - thank you so much! That is exactly what I needed to know. I’ve been thru the manual a few times, I just didn’t get this. This is very helpful, again thank you!
Old 07-13-2022, 10:47 AM

Glad I could help!