How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM

Default Solo-safing in AFL mode?

Recently set up AFL/PFL capabilities for my D-Command. Everything works as expected, though for some reason when AFL or PFL are enabled my fx returns mute when I solo a track.

For example, my whole mix is up and there is reverb on the vocal; but when I solo the vocal, the reverb is in turn muted. The obvious fix would be to 'solo-safe' the reverb send, one would think. Though while in AFL or PFL modes you cannot solo-safe tracks. When you hold command and click on the solo function, instead of graying out (typically indicating solo-safe functionality) the AFL/PFL volume fader pops up instead.

Any ideas?