Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Digi 6.7 eats custom MIDI Patch Names

as did 6.4. Has anyone else noticed this?

When you install any Pro Tools upgrade recently, the previous Device names and patch names disappear to be replaced by the generic digi set. This means you have to be careful to backup the previous custom name lists before upgrading and then replace. Digi please solve this for future upgrades.
Many people add to their existing patch names with custom patches which now all disappear.

I think the best solution would be a simple data dump utility that allows quick easy update of Pro Tools compatible AMS patch names with whatever the current memory bank of the device is. I do not think it is necessary to have an elaborate editor librarian for most tasks. In fact I think this should be left up to each instrument developer. The DAW host should just grab the current patch name list from the device when it launches or is activated on the track and there should be an update button.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Digi 6.7 eats custom MIDI Patch Names and more

Yes it ate my set - I had them backed up but still.......actually I have another problem.....for the first time ever I can crash down PT at will - just select the patch change button on a midi track and it's gone - so now I'm stuck unable to do anything involving midi - funny thing though the first access is always Ok and the midnam file is fine - second access on any track and its gone. - anybody else having this problem. 6.4 worked like a dream.
G4/733/1.5GBRam MacOS 10.3.5
Old 11-03-2004, 11:56 AM

already posted this but here it is again

when opening or selecting midi patch window... 6.7 unexpectedly quits.

happens at various times when working with the patch list window... i wasnt able to recreate specific steps that lead the quit other than they all involved the patch list in some form.. from clicking on the icon to open the window to changing banks.

I verified this on two separate systems. G4//1.25 & G5 Dual 1.6, both 10.3.5, HD3 systems. One with MTP AV USB and one with MTP AV serial

???
Old 11-03-2004, 12:12 PM

Thank the lord its not just me......PT has been so stable over the years I was sure it was me......and now they add the midi stuff and its going haywire - no wonder Logic has been broken for so long.
I 've been trying those patch buttons again and its kernal panics now. Back to 6.4?....how do I do that?
Old 11-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Avid

Hi,

We have reproduced this and are looking into it. Thanks for your patience with this issue.

Digidesign Tech Support
Old 11-04-2004, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Digi 6.7 eats custom MIDI Patch Names

Hi,
I just installed 6.7 I am going through the same problem. I pick a midi channel and then when I click on the patch icon. Boom the software crashes. I reload the progam. On the 2nd or third time I get a complete Kernel Crash. My midnam files worked perfectly in 6.4Has anyone found a solution to get the midi patch names to work properly in 6.7
thanks