Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM

Default Black Lion Audio 002

Hello, 1st post. I'm a Cubase user, started in 95, just got pulled in.
I've a need for a much better sound quality for tracking purposes, so I purchased a DIGI oo2rack, and had Black Lion Audio blow it up.

I've never had PT, so I installed the software that came with it. PT LE 6.4

I put service pack 3 on my XP professional 5.1 recording rig about a year and a half ago, so I'm thinking it's up to date. The problem:

When I launch the newly installed PT, as soon as I hit save after creating a folder and project title, it crashes to blue screen, "page fault in non paged area".

So I tried Cubase 5 with it, it ran OK. But when I quit, crashed to the same screen.

Then I got up this morning, tried to just go back to what I was doing last night, no luck. Cube was playing no sound, When I tried to see if the driver was set, it was, but when I clicked OK, crash to blue screen. "bad pool header"

Now Cube wasn't working 'till I put service pak 3 in , so I'm thinking the drivers are out of date?

I'm more than willing to buy pro tools LE # 8, as long as I'm not throwing $ away and it will cure the issues

I looked over the trouble shooting area , found this"Update to the latest CS (Customer Service) Release for your version of Pro Tools LE"

I don't know where to find that, or if it will work.

I'm a noob to PT, so I apologize for the long post, here's thanks in advance.

thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Black Lion Audio 002

Welcome to the forum Curt. It would be of great help to us if you could post a very detailed spec of you're computer rig. You can do this quite easily by posting a Sandra report. Also, reading through this thread is a must, and it will give you some additional knowledge and info that will help you out. Though it might look like a bit of a read, it's essential info that needs to be known. With the Sandra report, we'll be able to better advise you on possible solutions and trouble shooting steps etc.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 04-19-2010, 02:07 PM

Yes, Welcome Curt, this post is just to echo what Shane said above.
Please Post a Sandra report.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-19-2010, 03:49 PM

I'm just going to suggest that Pro Tools LE 6.4 is maybe too old to work with Win XP SP3.
Having said that though, I cannot say for sure and would still go through the other suggested steps above.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 PM

The rig consists of this:
Windows XPPRO 5.1 serv pak 3|AMD dual core 4200| 250gigSATA7200(x3)|4Gig ram| EVGA MoBo nForce4 chipset| NVIDIA Geforce 6200|500wPSU| C-5|Reason 3.0|DKFH Superior|Black Lion DIGI 002 |Tascam 1884|Guitar rig|Universal Audio Neve bundle|

I posted it in my profile, I didn't think about it not showing my apologies.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:04 AM

At the very least, you must install cs6 AND cs9 for 6.4 to work on SP3. Then you may need the dual core hotfix with the AMD cpu.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-20-2010, 02:14 PM

I'm sorry, I don't know where to find cs6 or cs9.

I read the previously discussed thread, I assuming they're updates?

I guess I would go through the free downloads and get it up to 7. See how that goes.

Will pro Tools LE8 straighten this stuff out?

The Sandra report is roughly the same as the info I posted?

It's just system info?

If I really need an actual SAndra report, I will obtain one, I'm just not too fond of putting more software on the recording rig, if I can help it.

thanks very much.
WindowsXPpRO 5.1 servicepak 3|AMD dual core 4200| 250gigSATA7200(x3)|4Gig ram| EVGA MoBo nForce4 chipset| NVIDIA Geforce 6200|500wPSU|DIGI002Black Lion signature|Tascam 1884| Cubase5|Reason 3.0|DKFH Superior|Guitar rig|Universal Audio Neve bundle
Old 04-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Avid

You can get the cs6 and cs9 updates here:

http://www3.digidesign.com/index.cfm...54&itemid=4959
Old 04-20-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Mitchell View Post
The Sandra report is roughly the same as the info I posted?

It's just system info?

If I really need an actual SAndra report, I will obtain one, I'm just not too fond of putting more software on the recording rig, if I can help it.

thanks very much.
Ya, the Sandra report is still very essential to post. It will give us more "under the hood" details. It's an essential PT software tool that will not interfere with your system. My own recording rig is extremely bare bones with only PT and essential PT related utilities on it. The Sandra software is safe.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 04-20-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Welcome to the forum Curt. It would be of great help to us if you could post a very detailed spec of you're computer rig. You can do this quite easily by posting a Sandra report. Also, reading through this thread is a must, and it will give you some additional knowledge and info that will help you out. Though it might look like a bit of a read, it's essential info that needs to be known. With the Sandra report, we'll be able to better advise you on possible solutions and trouble shooting steps etc.

Shane
Just wanted to say Shan, that this is a very professional, and friendly post. +1