Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2010, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Huge adc bug!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
With all of the advances that are happening every day in technology I find it hard to believe that this is taking this long to fix.
Advances in technology?!? Technology goes AGONIZINGLY SLOW. (where are our jet packs, voice recognition abilities, household robots that they've been promising for 60 years? Where is Freeze Track and audio to midi in PT? (To implement midi note muting, Digi took 13 damn years!) And what happened to our supersonic commercial flight?)

Hard to believe that this is taking this long to fix?!? The Structure EXS envelope import bug was 1/10,000 as complex to fix and Digi took three years! One by one, episode by episode, we will all come to realize that this is not the c.2002 Digidesign any longer, and probably not even c.2002 America any longer.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:51 PM

That all depends on who you are talking about. Some are agonizingly slow and some are not. It's pretty clear, at least, who is agonizingly slow.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:41 PM

Well, they do say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. This particular wheel has been squeaking for so long, it may seize up. So.....
Bump.......
Old 10-10-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sealove View Post
Well, they do say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. This particular wheel has been squeaking for so long, it may seize up. So.....
Bump.......
Yepp! Bump....
Old 10-12-2010, 05:41 AM

Bump!

38, 39 what ever it takes.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:05 AM

Unfortunately I think this thread has become like the squeaky noise in a car - you hear it for so long you get used to it and ignore it after a while. Somone else gets in the car and asks: 'What's that noise?" And you go 'Oh that? It's nothing; just ignore it'.

Legit problem and Avid sticks it's fingers in their collective ears.

QAPLA!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:00 AM

Hey DTS!
See below.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterplan View Post
So....
According to DTS this is being worked on.
But won't be fixed until the next major update.
And that is, in their own words, not a "dot" update.
But rather PT 9.
A bit scary since we are now at 8.1....
So DTS, I hope you are bitching on development on our behalf.
Can we just confirm that Avid is aware that there are 2 semi separate issues we are talking about.
1. If you record Midi in a session with any kind of latency in it, and of course have ADC turned on, the midi notes will end up wrong timingwise.

2. That we need to separate the ADC between Midi record and playback.
So that even if you have a miditrack record armed, it should play back the recorded notes WITH ADC.
If it doesn't, it becomes impossible to do any kind of midi overdubs or punch-ins when what you already recorded plays back out of time.

Would be good to get it confirmed that Avid is aware, and working on these very important tasks.

Thanks!

Peer
Old 10-13-2010, 09:09 AM

Exclamation Re: Huge adc bug!??

DTS!!!....Helloooo!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterplan View Post
So....
According to DTS this is being worked on.
But won't be fixed until the next major update.
And that is, in their own words, not a "dot" update.
But rather PT 9.
A bit scary since we are now at 8.1....
So DTS, I hope you are bitching on development on our behalf.
Can we just confirm that Avid is aware that there are 2 semi separate issues we are talking about.
1. If you record Midi in a session with any kind of latency in it, and of course have ADC turned on, the midi notes will end up wrong timingwise.

2. That we need to separate the ADC between Midi record and playback.
So that even if you have a miditrack record armed, it should play back the recorded notes WITH ADC.
If it doesn't, it becomes impossible to do any kind of midi overdubs or punch-ins when what you already recorded plays back out of time.

Would be good to get it confirmed that Avid is aware, and working on these very important tasks.

Thanks!

Peer
Old 10-13-2010, 10:00 AM

My name is Studiojimi and I approve of this thread.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:56 AM

Default Huge adc bug - no question, yes there is

note to users -
Anyone who is having midi timing issues with huge offsets from where the midi should have ended up - please make some noise. And if you haven't noticed because you use plugins that have low latency, please test your midi timing with some large latency plugins on, and you will see that you have been suffering from these errors too, affecting the feel of your tracks in a way too small to throw up flags. This is an extremely serious problem.

to Digi tech support -
Please note that this is a huge problem for pro tools. This problem has been a huge time waster for me over the last few years. I've been trying to figure out an appropriate workaround
There is no question that the midi plays back incorrectly. It is not something as innocuous as midi slop by a tick or two here and there. It is a complete failure to QC the product and a continued lack of commitment to fix it.
The only workaround for this is to shut off adc.

I have been recommending to everyone i know to avoid HD if at all possible, to use Logic if necessary, or run LE - anything to avoid wasting money on cards that run plugins that are not really being made anymore. I tell them to wait and under no circumstances bother with HD until some significant commitment has been shown to turn amtools back into protools. (Protools once was pretty good considering the technology of the period.) I hate to be so snide and negative, but the level of commitment i've seen to offer a fix (just look at this thread) is sad.

also
- Rewire is a joke
- digidesign midi i/o interface is a joke
- ADC delay limit is a joke (i can run two plugins and BAM, over the limit)
- the amount of cpu pro tools eats to run plugs is a joke
- The company that sells the card that runs TDM plugs made a bunch of instruments and plugs, as RTAS of course (now that is just ridiculous)