Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 PM

Default ProControl and Fader Packs suddenly offline

Hi,

All of a sudden we seemto have lost communication with our procontrol unit and fader packs. We can still work and all audio is being passed correctly but PT simply refuses to detect the units. Going into the periphereals dialogue i can re-enable our ethernet controller and it is recognise but i cant select any of the units as they are simply not there. We havent changed anything in our setup and the ethernet controller seems to be functioning fine. Just seems to have happened for no reason! Any ideas?

Thanks,
James
Old 10-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Avid

Default Re: ProControl and Fader Packs suddenly offline

Have you tried power cycling everything?

Which 'ethernet controller' are you referring to? A hub? A switch? Have you tried resetting it?

Does it work if you connect the ProControl main unit directly to the computer?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:37 PM

Hi,

I will try connecting directly to the computer to see if it makes a difference however we have been using it for the past 6 months connected to a hub with no problems. Dont understand why it just disappeared. Also we need to have our computers networked and we can only do this via the hub. Ive tried power cycling all the units, rebooting, re-enabling - nothing seems to work. When i say ethernet controller i mean to say that in the peripherals dialogue it correctly recognises the onboard LAN controller its just that it doesnt recognise the units. So it doesnt seem to be a problem with the LAN controller or drivers.

Thanks,
James
Old 10-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Avid

Quote:
I will try connecting directly to the computer to see if it makes a difference however we have been using it for the past 6 months connected to a hub with no problems.
I completely understand that, however, it's akin to saying 'I've been driving my car for the last 6 months with no problems' when you get a flat tire. Things happen and we need to eliminate the variables to determine what the source of the problem is. Taking components out of the chain will help narrow down what the ultimate cause of the problem is.

Quote:
When i say ethernet controller i mean to say that in the peripherals dialogue it correctly recognises the onboard LAN controller its just that it doesnt recognise the units. So it doesnt seem to be a problem with the LAN controller or drivers.
I've seen many cases where the LAN controller is recognized, but it still causes problems. Sometimes it's a defective controller - a component fails, but not one that would cause the card not to be recognized, or possibly a driver gets corrupted, but not in a way that affects recognition of the card by Pro Tools.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:09 AM

Hmm, i will check to see if it works properly connected directly to the onboard LAN and not via the hub when i get back to the studio. The fact that our other devices and operations connected to the hub are working fine (ie. Muse Receptor, Networking both computers) would suggest that the controller's drivers/firmware are OK? Need to keep investigating...

Thanks,
James