Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 PM

Default transfer of ownership : Is Avid Support Code (ASC) required

I remember seeing something that a chargeable Avid Support Code (ASC) is required for all transfer of ownerships going forward from Dec 2010
Is this the case ?
eg PT HD ASC $80 per case
eg PT LE ASC $40 per case

thanks in advance
David
Old 01-02-2011, 06:20 AM

Default Re: transfer of ownership : Is Avid Support Code (ASC) required

I'm pretty interested in knowing this as well, as I have recently bought a M-Box for home use (for doing small edits home instead of driving to the studio)

So far I have the paperwork done, but can't really get further due to the new support system.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:04 AM

Hopefully we will have a answer regarding how to reach Avid Audio without a paid contract for things such as transfer of ownership and repair requests.

Please post information if you happen to find out any information about getting in touch with someone without having to pay. I am pretty sure there has to be a way to speak or contact someone without paying if you have a registered product. I believe this would be a violation of some type of business and consumer rights protocol if this were not the case. (Especially when dealing with attempting to set up warranty repair or registration/transfer of ownership, no technical support requests)
Old 01-03-2011, 10:55 AM

I'm in the same boat, I purchased an 002 Rack before the 19th and just got a free moment to send the form in now but I can not submit the form.

Sigh...

I just tried calling Avid at their support number and I got a recording saying "Thank you for calling Avid Customer Support, our offices are closed for the holiday".

Ugh!

It's 1:50PM EST on Monday, January 3rd!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astamand View Post
I'm in the same boat, I purchased an 002 Rack before the 19th and just got a free moment to send the form in now but I can not submit the form.

Sigh...

I just tried calling Avid at their support number and I got a recording saying "Thank you for calling Avid Customer Support, our offices are closed for the holiday".

Ugh!

It's 1:50PM EST on Monday, January 3rd!
When holidays fall on weekends it's customary for businesses to be closed the first Monday after. Many places of business were closed today. Even local banks were closed today 1/3/11.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:55 PM

That's probaly what they did.

From my experience most US companies close early when the holiday falls on a weekend (as was the case with Christmas and New Years Day both falling on a Saturday in 2010. In the past my company (and others before it) stayed closed on the Monday after New Years if it landed on a Sunday (nobody would come in anyway).

I can't complain though since my company gave all 16,000 US employes the whole week off after Christmas...

Now I will whine if I have to pay to transfer this hardware. I noticed Avid Video hardware still has the option to submit a ticket for Transfer of Ownership without an ASC.

-=Alex