Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2008, 09:52 AM

Default Super-bug: Recorded file just won\'t playback?!?!?!

One of the files I recorded won't playback! I can see the waveforms but it won't play back. I imported it into another session, checked my mixer routing etc Its a bug.

It's on a 7.2 HD machine, not sure which CS version, the latest I would assume. I will get back to you on Monday.

Should I trash some preferences?

Anyone else had this? I need to get to the bottom of this, I'm terrified it'll happen again.

Cheers,
Matt

ps - I discovered the problem 5 mins before the (new) client arrived to do the voice over, very embarrassing!!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Super-bug: Recorded file just won\'t playback?!?!?!

BUMP

Need help! What shoulod I trash?

I'm on HD 7.2 cs 3

Matt
Old 06-23-2008, 02:44 AM

The suspect files are silent in Quicktime and GarageBand. And when imported into GarageBand, they result in an error message and no waveforms are drawn.

This to me is more worrying as it suggests PT is creating genuinely dud audio files and its not just a case of problems with the database file or something more treatable. How can I record with PT professionally knowing that any of the files I record might not playback?!!

Ouch.

How should I procede Digi?

Cheers,
Matt
Old 06-23-2008, 09:18 AM

Maybe you should be posting this in the TDM/HD forum, although there aren't any other reports like this in that forum either so you would seem to be the only person having this problem and is most likely unique to your rig. Start with the "General Troubleshooting" steps, and try the TDM/HD forum since that's the rig you're having problems with, and don't forget to include the full system specs along with your post.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:32 AM

Oh woops, LE forum. Thanks for your advice.

The disk is non-verifiable in Disk Utility so we are thinking that is the problem. Backing it up currently and gunna try Disk Warrior and then rep;acing the drive.

Thanks again Slim.
Matt
Old 06-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Avid

You can find info on how to trash prefs and databases in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum.

Can you give us a system profile? What types of drives are you recording to? Have you tried recording to different drives?