Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 06-19-2014, 10:44 AM

Default OMF/AAF export/import - track names

Hello,

System info is:
I am running Pro Tools 10.3.9
OSX 10.6.8
2 x 2.66Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4Gb RAM

I am trying to export an AAF session from Pro Tools o send to someone else. They are suuuuuuuuuuuper picky about their organization of files and tracks, etc.

The issue I am having is that when I export the AAF from pro tools, and go to import it in (just to make sure it works) it changes the names of most, but not all, of the tracks. Many tracks get renamed to "A1, A2, A3", etc. It seems to leave other tracks alone.

I also tried this on a 10.2 system, same results. I am considering taking the session home, and trying on my pro tools 11 rig there. I haven't tried omf/aaf in 11 yet, but all I have read is terrible things about it not working at all.

Has anyone else had this issue before?