Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 03-22-2003, 11:08 AM

Default some of my vocal audio tracks not playing back...help

Hi, I just loaded one of my sessions that was basically mixed to liking already. I click play and all the music is there, but most of the vocal tracks are not playing back.
I looked in edit screen and the waveforms are there and the automation appears to be working right in terms of volume and mutes. The green level meters on these tracks are not showing any signal at all. I'm fairly new to pt, but this is the first time I've run across this problem.
Again, when I last saved it, everything played back fine with all the tracks working.
Any ideas??

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-22-2003, 01:36 PM

Default Re: some of my vocal audio tracks not playing back...help

anyone??????
Old 03-22-2003, 02:30 PM

Turn the automation off and see what happens. Check the tracks output routing too.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:43 PM

Hi, no change with automation off and the outs are just routed to the stereo buss so I'm still stumped. In edit windo the waveforms are showing where they should be. I just can't figure out why no sound.
thx,
Steve
Old 03-22-2003, 08:02 PM

Disable and enable any plugs you may have assigned to those tracks....Like Bomb factory for one!
Old 03-22-2003, 09:05 PM

Check your voice assignments too. Sometimes when you reload a session, tracks get different voice assignemtns then they originally had (especially if you moved them after you loaded last time, and then saved.

If two tracks are sharing a voice, that could cause the issue you describe.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:45 PM

Some cracked plugins may do that!

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2003, 02:11 AM

I've also experienced this, and I'm suprised others haven't addressed this already. The track is there just how you left it, no changes, yet no playback. Kind of dumb but here's the solution that works: create another audio track and copy everything from the first track to it, waveforms, plug-ins, and assignments. This doesn't explain why it happens, but it does keep you working. It seems to occur randomly, maybe once or twice a year, working quite alot. Steve
Old 03-24-2003, 02:18 AM

I've also experienced this, and I'm suprised others haven't addressed this already. The track is there just how you left it, no changes, yet no playback. Kind of dumb but here's the solution that works: create another audio track and copy everything from the first track to it, waveforms, plug-ins, and assignments. This doesn't explain why it happens, but it does keep you working. It seems to occur randomly, maybe once or twice a year, working quite alot. Also I wanted to add, this doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it's vocal tracks, that just happened to be. Steve
Old 10-04-2021, 01:49 PM

This is happening to me. 2 tracks out of 6 produce no sound. No plugs on the tracks. Meters work, the other tracks work. I made a new track and moved my file there. No dice. Checked qll paths, automation I rebooted the computer, Ran Disk Utility in Recovery mode. Files work in Quicktime but not in PT. Ran an anti virus software. I have tried everything but the thing that works.. Thanks for any suggestion.

Macbook pro, Catalina, Protools 12 3.2020 , UA Apollo Duo...