Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2016, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Help!! PT 12.5 running slow while other sessions are ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmflange View Post
Hi Chief, When I isolated the clips to just show "Auto-Created", no clips showed up.

Cwsand: I deleted all those files that they suggested from that link. Still no difference.

I disabled all the plugins like kbillons said and it seemed to run a little faster, but no where near the speed of the other sessions.
what is your playback engine setup? are you editing MIDI tracks?or all audio tracks?
Old 10-14-2016, 09:07 AM

Hi kbillones, The strange thing is is that nothing has changed on my play back engine between the session and any other session. I am only using audio tracks right now with some plug-ins.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:15 AM

Hi firmflange !

Hi is your audio region screen box on the right side ? Do you have too many audio files there ? If so , you can try editing your files , consolidating and deleting unused files . Try that !

Hope this helps !
Old 10-14-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Hi kbillones,

I tried tried copying the folder, no success. I'll probably do what you suggested as a last resort. I would have to redo all my effects parameters though, which is why I'm trying other things, unless anyone has a different thought.

If I trash all the preferences, will I lose all the settings on my 'Artist Control'?
hey firmflange. I'm not sure on what you exactly did here,did you just copy the folder in your local drive?or import all the session data to a new session? I actually did experienced the same thing you are experiencing right now and what I did was to "save in" copy of my problematic session and then create a new session then import all those session data to the new session created.

ref. video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv1ruzgV_mw
Old 10-15-2016, 11:31 AM

Somehow files from other sessions landed in the Clips column (or is that supposed to be like that?). I just want to understand this right :)

When I select the unused files - even files that I see that are from other sessions, does the 'REMOVE' option delete them from my other session? Does "MOVE TO TRASH" delete them from this and the other session?

Last edited by firmflange; 10-16-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:35 PM

Post Re: Help!! PT 12.5 running slow while other sessions are ok!

Quote:
When I select the unused files - even files that I see that are from other sessions, does the 'REMOVE' option delete them from my other session?
No, the 'REMOVE' option does not delete them from your other session. It only 'REMOVES' them from the current session.
Quote:
Does "MOVE TO TRASH" delete them from this and the other session?
It moves them to the trash, which means that your other session will not be able to find them. Technically, the reference is still in the other session. Practically, if you empty the trash, it is deleted from your other session since your other session will not be able to find it.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
No, the 'REMOVE' option does not delete them from your other session. It only 'REMOVES' them from the current session.
I removed the files and it still is bogging down. A strange thing I noticed happening is that whenever i highlight a single file, all files get highlighted. It's almost like a button is held in, but it's not.

I tried copying the session, same problem occurs.

Last edited by firmflange; 11-08-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:33 PM

Question Re: Help!! PT 12.5 running slow while other sessions are ok!

Quote:
A strange thing I noticed happening is that whenever i highlight a single file, all files get highlighted.
Do you have the all group enabled? If you select a file in on the timeline, is that the only file selected in the clip list?
Old 11-09-2016, 02:40 PM

Ya you're right, Chief, the all group was enabled, but it's still is very very slow. Could it be a corrupt session?
Old 11-14-2016, 08:02 AM

Arrow Re: Help!! PT 12.5 running slow while other sessions are ok!

Quote:
Ya you're right, Chief, the all group was enabled, but it's still is very very slow. Could it be a corrupt session?
Possibly. The only way to prove or refute this would be to create a fresh session and import tracks one by one until you either reproduce the problem or have imported all of the tracks.