Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 09-09-2022, 01:39 PM

Default Digidesign Midi I/O

Hi- I have a old Digidesign Midi I/O (blue and silver rack mount) that I'm trying to show up in Audio Midi setup in my new Mac Studio. I no longer use ProTools and was trying to find an installer for the midi I/O interface. Is this just way too old to work or is there a way to add it to Audio Midi setup manually? (seems adding an external device is always a synth). Frustrating because when I plug in the USB all the lights flash as though it wants to work!

Thanks for any help!
Robert
Old 09-09-2022, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Digidesign Midi I/O

Last I heard the driver never made it through the 64 bit transition. You might need to start looking for a new MIDI interface.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:19 PM

I will ask Avid as soon as possible (probably monday) when tech is back about this but I think that these older drivers for the gear is not working on latest 2 or more macOS versions. However a real insanely gifted friend and myself made our own drivers for our 4 old M-Audio 8x8 midi (blue with the yellow text design) units that stopped working when PT11 came and it was the same problem with 32 bit vs 64 bit but we wrote new drivers ourselves and they still run as new on our Macs today. So we are in testing phase with the drivers and a few tweaks inside for the MIDI i/o as we both paid lots for ours new and feel that they ”should” keep going if we can use them and not just as a doorstop or a book stop so IF this is as some think regarding the bit issues and no updated drivers from Avid PM me in start of october as we need a little testing with real synths before I can help when we know that this works 100%

I have had too much productions that has to be done for pretty big names this summer so I have not had time to follow up what I need to add if any to get it working as my friend has probably come some ways the past months I hope as I did a lot early spring before he took over.

I will talk to the Avid techs and ask what is the plans for MIDi i/o and post back asap / Best Christophe

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-03-2023, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I will ask Avid as soon as possible (probably monday) when tech is back about this but I think that these older drivers for the gear is not working on latest 2 or more macOS versions. However a real insanely gifted friend and myself made our own drivers for our 4 old M-Audio 8x8 midi (blue with the yellow text design) units that stopped working when PT11 came and it was the same problem with 32 bit vs 64 bit but we wrote new drivers ourselves and they still run as new on our Macs today. So we are in testing phase with the drivers and a few tweaks inside for the MIDI i/o as we both paid lots for ours new and feel that they ”should” keep going if we can use them and not just as a doorstop or a book stop so IF this is as some think regarding the bit issues and no updated drivers from Avid PM me in start of october as we need a little testing with real synths before I can help when we know that this works 100%

I have had too much productions that has to be done for pretty big names this summer so I have not had time to follow up what I need to add if any to get it working as my friend has probably come some ways the past months I hope as I did a lot early spring before he took over.

I will talk to the Avid techs and ask what is the plans for MIDi i/o and post back asap / Best Christophe
This sounds cool. Very interested to know if you made any progress?
:)
Old 04-03-2023, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by original_min View Post
This sounds cool. Very interested to know if you made any progress?
:)

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ 2019 Rack Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 16 core 384 GB RAM Catalina 10.15.7 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12.0 / HDX 2 + UAD2 PCIe OCTO+QUAD / HD I/O's x 4 + 1 x 96io / Digidesign Pre's x 3 / Avid S6 M10-24 -V22.12.1.34 ~
~ Mac Pro 8 core - clover - 13 GB ram - 10.6.8 / HD5 / Pro Tools 9.0.6 / Magma PE6R4 ~ ARCHIVE RIG

~ Mac Pro (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core-32 GB RAM-10.13.6 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 / Apollo 16 / Avid S3 ~
Old 06-10-2023, 06:57 AM

+1
Old 06-10-2023, 07:20 AM

Sorry for the wait. Will ask again and post back asap.

Thanks guys

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-23-2023, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Sorry for the wait. Will ask again and post back asap.

Thanks guys
Put me on the list of interested!

What is the last OS that they work on without a possible driver replacement?
Old 11-08-2023, 04:59 AM

+1
Old 12-26-2023, 11:04 AM

+1