Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 04-02-2024, 04:27 PM

Default Pro Tools | HDX Card Missing from IO until Hardware Setup Toggle

Hi, I've recently updated to Pro Tools 2024.3 on a 2022 Mac Studio M1 Max. Before this latest release I was still having some issues but after updating to the latest 2024.3 I've been experiencing this sequence every time I open Pro Tools:

1. Open Pro Tools
2. Open IO and check HDX cards (3rd card is missing?!)
3. Open Hardware Setup window
4. Navigate to 3rd HDX card (any port) and toggle Sample Rate
5. Toggle Word Clock from one Digilink Internal to another
6. Open Pro Tools session and I'm good to go...

If I don't do this and try opening a session I get a sample rate error and have to do go through this process. Restarting the machine doesn't help.

Other things to add:
1. HDX 3 system
2. Sonnet Express III Chassis via Thunderbolt 3 or 4?
3. All Digilink ports are connected to the Main and first and second digilink cards on a MTRX I.

Upgrading to 2024.1 slightly fixed the last issue but this has only become a sidestep from the last issue which was an error after opening Pro Tools that wouldn't recognize the hardware. Restarting wouldn't help and the only thing that worked was unplugging the chassis and reconnecting. (Since updating to 2024.3 we haven't done this once).

If anyone has a clue to what could be happening with this I'mm all ears. Maybe it's a MTRX issue... I haven't ruled that out yet either.
Old 04-18-2024, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools | HDX Card Missing from IO until Hardware Setup Toggle

Ended up solving this after updating the MTRX to the latest firmware.