Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 05-14-2020, 07:11 AM

Default Consolidate/copy multiple clip margins from one track to another with one step???

hi :)

Problem:
I have multiple clips on track (A) and bounce or record all of them into one big clip on track B. To reproduce the clip lengths from track A now (with the exact same length), i have to consolidate every single clip on track B again. Which is a lot of work if you have lots of clips.

Is there any way i can copy/reproduce all clip starts/ends to the other track and consolidate all clips at once???
Old 05-14-2020, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Consolidate/copy multiple clip margins from one track to another with one step???

Check the available options for Track Commit as there may be one that will keep each clip separated on the committed track(trying to remember as that's not something I would want, but others have different needs)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-15-2020, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Consolidate/copy multiple clip margins from one track to another with one step???

I wasnt precise enough sorry :)
I not only want to consolidate Track A clips to another track.

Lets try it this way: :)
I want to cut a mix (Track C) of Track A and B into the same clip lengths of Track A.
Is there a way to cut all at the same time?
So to copy the clip margins from one track (A) to another one (C) and to consolidate the whole track (C) at once into multiple clips with the same length of the other track (A).

Know what i mean?
:)

Its a bit of a reverse version of the "multiple bounce problem". Multiple Clip Bounce is not really possible isnt it?

It should be possible to implement this function ... easily
If you select clips with the object grabber, you could do something like "shift+ö" (not only ö) to not copy the selected clips, but their margins to the track below and then do a "multiple clip consolidate" with these multiple object margins on another track.
Its sounds so easy, cant believe Pro Tools isnt able to do it already.
There should also be the option, to delete all stuff between the edit selection or not.

Last edited by wowie; 05-15-2020 at 04:18 AM.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:51 AM

+1

Anyone who works with delivery of thousands of individual clips is really missing this workflow

They have just redesigned the bounce to disk settings 2020.11 but haven't included this!!
Old 12-28-2020, 05:09 PM

Hi,
Does choosing Commit "Edit Selection" not do what you'd like? I may not fully understand.

I just committed a series of clips with all the spaces in between leaving the Consolidate option off.

Edit: I just reread your post and I see you mean multiple tracks. I haven't tried that.

Last edited by take77; 12-29-2020 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:04 PM

If those clips on track A are all end-to-start, with no separation :
Set Grid to "Clips and Markers".
Make sure, no markers are in the way.
Select the bounced clip.
Edit - Separate Clip - On Grid.
Select all clips : Audio Suite "Gain" - "create individual files" (0 dB, no change), render.
Clip List : sort by time.
Auto Rename : "Snare " , starting number "1" , suffix "whatever".

If there are spaces between the clips on track A, I have another approach.
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 12-03-2021, 08:38 AM

If I understand correctly what you're trying to achieve here, I think I've done this before - for example, a dialogue edit. I've gone through the program and done all the raw editing, fades, etc. I copy all that down to a new track and then I want to apply some Noise Reduction via AudioSuite. I dial it in and with the settings set to "clip by clip" and a healthy amount of handle length included. When you click Render, it will process all of the clips as is, without consolidating them into 1 new long clip.

And you don't have to apply any effects. You could open up EQ-III and leave it flat, and do this if you want new clips (for whatever reason).

Pics attached.

Cheers,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 11.36.20 AM.jpg (13.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 11.36.51 AM.png (13.5 KB, 0 views)