Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 03-05-2021, 03:36 AM

Default Show track selected on Surface in Pro Tools

Hi

I have several question to as what extent it's possible to do the following on S3+Dock+ControlApp (PT Ultimate and EuCon on current versions).

I have a session with multiple levels of folders (Top folder and sub-folders) and multiple levels of VCAs:

1. Can i spill (for example) FX Master-VCA -> FX Group 1 VCA -> FX Track 1 and then have Pro Tools display that track in the Edit Window?
Does this work only if it's visible (not in folder)? If so how?

2. If these tracks are in folders and only visible on the S3, can I make them visible in the Pro Tools Edit Window, without having to manually open the folders?

3. When spilling folders like above (e.g. FX Master-Folder) I see all folders AND tracks in the spilled folder. Is it possible to only see sub-folders on the master-folder spill and then the tracks once i spill a subfolder?

Any help or different ways to go about this appreciated, thank you :)

Last edited by ViciousLullabyz; 03-05-2021 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Show track selected on Surface in Pro Tools

I’m not sure I entirely understand the questions but I think the answers are yes. Sort of.

If you want to send me a session with the layouts you are referencing, I can make a video that shows the spills.