How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-11-2020, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Slate or Plug in alliance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Problem is that $400 Amek never goes on sale. Same thing for the SSL J channel strip. And the Bettermaker EQ.
I’m not to sure what it takes for a new plugin to go on sale, but I get the impression it has to be out for at least 6 to 12 months. But vouchers usually work.
Old 12-11-2020, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
I’m not to sure what it takes for a new plugin to go on sale, but I get the impression it has to be out for at least 6 to 12 months. But vouchers usually work.
The Amek did go on sale as one of PA's Christmas 2-day specials at $199 IIRC. Vouchers usually DO work but every voucher that has come from PA since the Amek EQ came out has been ineligible for use for the Amek. The biggest voucher anyone gets is $75 and on a $400 eq it doesn't mean a thing.

The story with the Amek EQ is it was supposed to only be a part of one of their subscription bundles and a lot of people raised a stink about misleading and contradictory language in a couple of PA emails when it dropped. Dirk had no choice but to make it available to the masses but at an exhorbitant price just to spite us. Just like Avid PA is trying to drive people to their subscription model.

QAPLA!
Old 12-11-2020, 06:08 AM

Agreed.

There's no point in subscribing for someone like myself. 85 PA plugins and I have pretty much most of the ones I want and a few more. Dirk's no fool. He keeps the door open to business like myself rather than slamming it in my face like Slate Digital.

All of the other plugins have come down to affordable levels before too long. I doubt Dirk will hold off from selling the newest offerings at affordable prices once the novelty wears off. Till then I can wait.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 12-16-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
A PS. Plugin Alliance also have different bundles for different tasks so you dont have to sort thru a pile of crap you would never use and you can rent what you need. And you get a plugin voucher every year for your rented value to buy a plugin (which is pretty useless IMO) but you might want a specific plugin which is in another bundle and then you could buy a license to use that with your chosen bundle.

.... and the fact Steven Slate is a verified Conman who shiuld be selling used cars instead as he would fit right in there. Possibly the biggest Joker in the business with all his cheap crappyhardware he sells to unsuspecting public and his cult kids who really believe they have it all with slate crap! Can’t post what I really wanna call him and his pile of SHIIIIIIT
I'm clearly out of the loop here. What happened with Steven Slate?
Old 12-17-2020, 03:27 AM

Slate Digital promised certain updates or products "soon" which never materialised. The main bugbear being FG-X 2 which never happened, even after being promised on more than one occasion.

That does not mean all Slate products are rubbish. They make some of the best. Rather, one should take some future statements as speculative rather than fact. This can be true of small and larger companies alike, although the smaller the company the greater the likelihood of such it seems

Waves similarly get much derision from certain posters here from not coming through with their promises regards (principally) AAX DSP support for Waves plugins. However, we all change our minds on occasion and it is clear Waves changed theirs and decided to shelve the ideas of supporting DSP.

It makes no issue to myself having sold any Avid DSP systems I owned but I understand it left some resentment in the minds of those who invested heavily in AAX DSP hardware. Either way, best to move on. Waves make excellent products used by countless mixers and producers all over the industry to the highest calibre so their products cannot be called rubbish either.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 12-28-2020, 09:59 PM

Plugin Alliance all the way

Slate = the land of empty promises.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:32 AM

Does anyone know what the current restrictions are for their vouchers?
I was about to drop $200 on some Xmass sale plugins. (including the SSL J for $99!) But then realized I could get the Mix/Master Bundle for $149/year and get a $200 voucher (which I would use to buy the plug-ins I was already going to buy).
Old 12-30-2020, 10:44 AM

You should take the subscription and use the coupon. This deal makes it totally worth it. Plus you get to try out the other consoles that are also really great. Mix and Master is a great bundle.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:19 AM

Yeah that makes sense. I have been trying out a lot of their stuff already and was waiting for their end of year sale to pick up the SSL-G,SSL-J,Focusrite and the Townhouse Buss Compressor. So I can get those plus a year of all the other plug-ins for $50 less then what I was going to spend! A total no brainer
Old 12-31-2020, 02:42 AM

At this moment discounts:
AMEK EQ 200 - $399 / $199.99
Brainworx bx_console SSL 9000 J - $349 / $99.99
Brainworx bx_console SSL 4000 E - $349 / $49.99
Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC - $349 / $39.99
Brainworx bx_console SSL 4000 G - $349 / $29.99
Brainworx bx_townhouse Buss Compressor - $299 / $29.99
Bettermaker EQ232D - $299 / $149.99
And further ............

Happy New Year!