Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2013, 03:55 PM

Exclamation ¡HELP! ¿How to Create MP3 Stereo file?

Hi guys, this is my first post I Couldn`t explain my problem very well at the tittle but I will do it below

I`ve been using protools 9 at IOs since 2 months ago, so Im a noobie, I`ve download reference guides and all that stuff and I`ve learn to much with it; and I`ve realize that is as hard as I though, but I know I will make it

So here is my problem:

Im recordding a song with a portable reccord box and when I come home I edit andfix the audio with protools, I set almost everything, well... I already finish my proyect, i guess, but all this time I forgot the most important thing, HOW CAN I PASS MY PROYECT TO AN MP3 STEREO FILE!!???

I`ve set al the audio on diferent mono track and with the protools mixer`s paner, or balance ball, the side or balace of each instrument, but when I play it on protools it is always in mono, and the db bars of L and R moves as the same level all the time. I though that was becouse every time I imoport an audio file I set it on mono track, becouse if I chose a stereo track I can`t import a wav file if it dosen`t have the .L with the paralel .R file. So after all of this I continue, I bounce my project into a multi mono bounce(?) and it ran well, it makes me 2 mp3 files with extension .L.mp3 and other with .R.mp3, I gues that after that I should combine it as we do when we download those zip or winrar files hat came in parts and you should put the together to get 1 file. I opned a new session on protools 9, I add a new stereo Track and select the 2 files with L and R, and they open sucsesfuly, but again, when I play them on protools I still listen it on mono, but this time the db bars of L and R works independly and the wave form of L and R are diferent so I guess thats a good new . I bounce it again on Multimono and gives me again 2 mp3 files with an R and L extension. So my cuestion after all my story is... HOW CAN I MAKE A ESTEREO MP3 FILE?

I`ve check the way I root my monitors and they are ok, I if open an mp3 song with protools I can Listen the stereo track, And I also check it with headphones, I put them Into the Mbox and direct to the PC and the problem its still there

THANKS

sorry if I get grammar mistakes, Englis is not my native lenguaje.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:16 PM

Default ¡HELP! ¿How to Create MP3 Stereo file?

Search the reference manual for bounce to disk

And you want to set it up to a stereo interleaved file

And of course as u wanted it Mp3
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:06 AM

Default Re: ¡HELP! ¿How to Create MP3 Stereo file?

I´m want to bouce it on a hard drive (usb) not on a CD.

I´ve already search that on the reference guide, but it dosen´t says anything aboout it, it just sayas that I can save my project on an mp3 stereo file, but it dosen´t say how to do it, I will keep looking how to do it.

Thanks by replying.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 AM

I will look it up for u - give me an hour

Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 AM

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...Guide/en379111

Page 1064-1071 (ENG Version) Describes it in detail...I have included the link which lets you select you prefered language..

..............If the page numbers don't match (come on AVID - jk )

Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 AM

Use the selector tool to define the area you want to bounce. CTRL+ALT+B should bring up the bounce dialog box. After that its a matter of checking the right boxes.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 02-27-2013, 11:18 AM

I am not particularly fond of Avids MP3 conversion.... I use a free program called switch:

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

There is a free version half way down the page on the right...

I bounce out of Pro Tools at CD quality (16 bit 44.1K ) and then convert to MP3 in Switch (It has a lot more options to adjust the codec for your particular purpose, allowing you to make full sized MP3's or smaller for various streaming).

This is to bounce/convert to a hard driv not a CD. To burn a CD requires a CD burning software (Or you can use Itunes with little options to choose from)
Old 02-28-2013, 07:23 AM

Red face Re: ¡HELP! ¿How to Create MP3 Stereo file?

Oh, I got it
Thanks guys.

Yesterday I realize that my problem Wasn´t at the bouce part, I don´t know why the headphone´s output of my PC sends me a mono sound when I use protools, so I though that the problem was at the bounce step.

I bounced my project, I put I on a MPG3 file, I send it to my cellphone and it was on a steroe file

But know I don´t know why when I use protools I can´t listen the stereo file when I´m in my project. but when I import any mp3, (any song), I can listen a stereo file in Protools, so Im a kind of ¡WTF!

Thanks by replying
Old 02-28-2013, 07:35 AM

Well couple of issues did you record a stereo file ? Do you have it outputting to stereo master fader?

Did you have a problem with your headphones ? do u have connections TRS 1/8" male

Old 02-28-2013, 11:55 AM

the file I reccord its ok, well no at all theres a weird beat all over the record, but that dosen´t matter yet, I will check that about the master fader, maybe theres a problem there.

My headphones are ok, they have a jack 6 mm and 3.6mm both work well, the problems persist only whe Im in my project, If I open any mp3 file on stereo I can listen the stereo config, but in my project it is always in mono, even if is in a stereo file with the .L and .R files exported.

I don´t know If you can understand me

Thanks by replying