Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-28-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 6.9.2cs2 Update

someone suggested that the new fix for PT LE 6.9.2cs2 update also included Digi001. That's not the case, however, I'm hoping...

I've got a G4 DP 1.25GHz OSX 10.3.8 and digi001. A while back I made the mistake of upgrading to OSX 10.3.9/iTunes 4.9/QT7/PT LE 6.4 etc that caused me a lot of grief (well documented probs & fixes elsewhere) and ended up reinstalling OSX 10.3.8/users/QT6.5.2 and CoreAudio driver.

I'd like to move up to OSX 10.3.9 so that I can upgrade to DVD SP 4 and QT 7 codes etc.

Will there be a CoreAudio update (as standalone) that will allow legacy digi001/PT LE 6.4 systems to co-habitate with OSX 10.3.9 and ≥10.4?
PT LE 6.4cs9/DCAM 6.9x
Old 07-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Avid

Quote:
Yes I've tried all the troubleshooting tips and the mbox is connected directly to a dedicated USB port on the powerbook. Is it possible to downgrade to the 6.9.2 coreaudio from 6.9.2 cs2? I have a feeling that will solve my problem because it wasn't happening before I downloaded the recent upgrade.
I would suggest doing an uninstall/reinstall, as reverting back to the 6.9.2 version will not likely fix the problem.

To uninstall, run the Pro Tools 6.9.2 updater and, at the 'Custom Install' page, click on 'Custom Install' and select 'Uninstall'.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Avid

Quote:

Will there be a CoreAudio update (as standalone) that will allow legacy digi001/PT LE 6.4 systems to co-habitate with OSX 10.3.9 and ≥10.4?

Development for the Digi001 ended with Pro Tools 6.4, so there will not be any further updates to Pro Tools or the Core Audio driver that support the 001.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:34 PM

I don't understand why CoreAudio won't be tested with VPC. Isn't VPC a pretty commonly used program? Is it really that inconvenient to test VPC?
Old 07-29-2005, 11:35 PM

Guys, my Powerbook 15 just crashes immediately on startup of both 692 and 692 cs2....is there any other option now that i've climed up the MAC ladder to 10.4.2??
212-777-2557
Old 07-30-2005, 04:36 PM

Virtual PC's audio driver is software driven and is not suitable for producing any other than basic system sounds that a PC would make. You must remember that VPC is not a replacement for a PC in any respect and should be treated as a method of running common applications that are not available for Mac. One thing is for sure, is not to run something as intensive as PTLE and VPC together, you will get problems. The reason why you get click in audio is because the computer is running OSX, then running a PC emulator, then running XP, then running whatever software you have and any video or sound is produced in software not hardware.

I do feel that it's a bit rich to expect PT to have tested VPC. PT will only test with products and programing of an audio nature. VPC is an emulator that has little to do with audio.

Stu
Old 07-30-2005, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Virtual PC's audio driver is software driven and is not suitable for producing any other than basic system sounds that a PC would make. You must remember that VPC is not a replacement for a PC in any respect and should be treated as a method of running common applications that are not available for Mac. One thing is for sure, is not to run something as intensive as PTLE and VPC together, you will get problems. The reason why you get click in audio is because the computer is running OSX, then running a PC emulator, then running XP, then running whatever software you have and any video or sound is produced in software not hardware.

I do feel that it's a bit rich to expect PT to have tested VPC. PT will only test with products and programing of an audio nature. VPC is an emulator that has little to do with audio.

Stu
I understand what you're saying, but I don't run PTLE and VPC together. Being that CoreAudio becomes my default audio driver while having the MBOX connected, I would expect it to be able to play VPC sounds with no problem. I didn't have problems with VPC and CoreAudio before 6.9. I just want VPC to be tested with CoreAudio and not PT.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:07 AM

Hello,

I am running PTLE 6.9.2 on a G4 powerbook with OS 10.4. I just uprgraded from PTLE 6.4 yesterday (using the upgrade CD) , and was able to record some tracks in a session. Shortly after recording (10 minutes), OS X "unexpectedly quit". PTLE was not open when that occurred, so it may not be related. This morning, PTLE would open, but it would not allow me to open saved sessions or create new ones, because when I tried to do either of those actions, it would not respond and I would have to force quit PTLE. Is this a glitch with 6.9.2 and OS X or is it specific to my machine? Would the 6.9.2cs2 update solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:32 AM

I am unable to download this update. It just starts downloading extremely slowly, and then an error message appears: 'Download decoding failed'. I'm using the latest Safari. Any ideas?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:29 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hello,

I am running PTLE 6.9.2 on a G4 powerbook with OS 10.4. I just uprgraded from PTLE 6.4 yesterday (using the upgrade CD) , and was able to record some tracks in a session. Shortly after recording (10 minutes), OS X "unexpectedly quit". PTLE was not open when that occurred, so it may not be related. This morning, PTLE would open, but it would not allow me to open saved sessions or create new ones, because when I tried to do either of those actions, it would not respond and I would have to force quit PTLE. Is this a glitch with 6.9.2 and OS X or is it specific to my machine? Would the 6.9.2cs2 update solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Please start with the steps in the 'General Troubleshooting' sticky at the top of this forum.