Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 06-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Features and Suggestions

Hi Emesar,

Sorry to hear you can't join. Try quitting the app and restarting it. This should return you back to the bookshelf so try going to the Scorch Store again and registering from the Purchases tab.

Please let me know how you get on.

Sam
Old 06-14-2011, 03:29 PM

Thumbs down Re: Features and Suggestions

The search function in the store is abysmal. If you don't know what you're looking for and just want to browse (free or paid) it is virtually impossible to get an idea of what music you're looking for.... unless, of course, you already know. That's the opposite of browsing.

I'm a keyboard player and wanted to see if there was a collection of Bach, let's say the 3 Part Inventions... simple, right? Impossible is the current state. And even if i could find this out, i can't see one damn note. I'd have to buy something and see if that's what i was looking for. What a waste.

This is 2011... all of this (search technology) has been tried and true for well over a decade. Avid can't provide users with something as simple as searching for music? Really?

Don't waste your money until the next 2 or three versions later when maybe they've made this a usable app. Even at $5 it's a shame that a company like this seems to take advantage of a potential user base.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.Butler View Post
Hope this is all clear and I hope you find the fixes included in 1.0.1 beneficial.
Hello Sam,
I deleted the app, restarted, downloaded the new version, dragged all 230 in, the titles were there under Shelf, but not showing in Title. So I deleted them all (same behavior, no deleting took place, restarted app then, restarted iPad, quit Scorch, re-launched. Same. Sometimes I got the iPad restarting automatically again when the files were copying in. After a couple more deletes of the app and downloads it looks like I can drag about 70 files in at once and it all is there.
They may want to check how the memory behaves when copying a little more.
Better than before though.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

@Chris: Thanks for the feedback. We may be able to improve the searching without updating the app. I'll check with the developers to see if we can include the meta data we have for the scores i.e. instrumentation etc. to get more accurate and varied results. We are also keen to look into getting a score preview in each score in the Store too.

@hihat: Glad you're getting better results, although it sounds like there are a few more issues to iron out in this area. We'll be sure to look into this further.

Thanks again for letting us know how you're getting on.

Sam
Old 06-16-2011, 02:13 AM

Default Transpose bug?

Transpose by Key, restore defaults button works, changing the key back to the original key.
Transpose by interval, it does not seem to work in the same way or at all.
Would be nice when it transposes, to automatically move the chord symbols up if needed, presumably guitar frames also.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Hi hihat,

Thanks for the info.

I can reproduce this here and have passed it on to make sure it's on the list to get fixed.

Sam
Old 06-17-2011, 08:27 AM

Please make this chase a Pro Tools session!

And optionally allow direct editing from Pro Tools!

And is there a good way to display lyrics only?

I dream of a karaoke style iPad thing that chases the Pro Tools session.

Especially for all the 'talented' artists out there!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Drake View Post
And is there a good way to display lyrics only?
James has a great idea. Adding to this, being able to Hide specific elements, like the notation, lyrics, guitar frames, chords, so you can individualize the music depending on the instrument or singer viewing the same charts as others in the band, orchestra.
Related to this, is the ability to add page turns at specific bars since the vertical and horizontal spacing changes because of this. Obviously needs a Save for later (optional) recall.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihat View Post
Related to this, is the ability to add page turns at specific bars since the vertical and horizontal spacing changes because of this.
The page turn should happen automatically when the music reaches that point, as it's chasing the Pro Tools session.

The local options at each iPad should be as follows:

- chase on/off - obviously the muso does not want to be STUCK chasing Pro Tools, and should be able to flip forward or back to review the score when he wants.

- highlight on/off - the current note, or position in the bar, or syllable, or whatever, can be highlighted, or not, depending on how 'talented' the artist it.

- pre/post page turn - an offset as chosen by the muso so the page can turn early or late by how many bars they want. ie some people want to turn the page 8 bars early and just remember the last bars of the pervious page wile seeing the top of the new page before it actually comes up.

- disney head bouncy ball ?
Old 06-18-2011, 08:40 AM

Copied 25 scores onto my iPad. Would be nice to be able to group them together in user-defined folders. Could this be added to the todo list for the next version?