Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-01-2002, 07:04 AM

Default Attn PK: My Madonna Remix

pk_hat (and anyone else who is interested),

I posted my remix of Madonna's Ray of Light for the contest. It was done only using Acid. I would have liked to do more using Reason and ProTools, but I did not have time. It is a light remix, not a heavy club remix. I wasn't going for a total departure. It could be better, but that's just me...I'm never 100% satisified. And it was my first real remix ever.

Here's the link: http://madonna.acidplanet.com/Lounge/D etail.asp?PID=3001

If you can, go for the MP3. The RealMedia version sucks.

I'd be interested to hear what you or anyone thinks.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Attn PK: My Madonna Remix

Cool,

I will definetely check it out. I hope to be able to download it, as I can't stream any audio on this pathetic 24kbps modem connection (T1 is on the way!).

Never satisfied? I certainly can attest to that, very seldom am I happy with the final recording of a piece, mainly because in my mind it's never really final.

By the way, remember the book on remixing I told you I had ordered from Amazon?
Well, I got it yesterday and if I were you (being that you seem to seriously want to get into remixing ), I would go to www.amazon.com right now and order it.

It is unbelievably good, full of tips and comments by Portishead, Kruder&Dorfmeister, Coldcut, etc.
Different ways of approaching a remix, getting over the second day creative block, etc, sampling tips, etc.

It's simply called "How to Remix" by Tim Prochak and will set you back a mere $15-20 max.

Ok, I'll post my feedback about your Madonna piece within the next few days (only because it may take that long to download).

take care,

pk
Old 02-01-2002, 10:03 AM

I will definitely look into that book. Thanks for the tip (again).
Old 02-01-2002, 10:10 AM

Retro,
I liked it. Listened this morning a couple of times. My only disappointment was in Sonic Foundry choosing that song for all of you to work on. The song itself is so overworked on the radio and M$ TV commercials that it's hard for me to listen to it anymore.

So, actually, the fact that I listened to your version twice is a statement in itself!

Good work,
Mark
Old 02-01-2002, 11:51 AM

Mark,

Thanks. I have to agree with you, as well. There were three songs to choose from...Music (which has 400 more entries and has been overplayed) and Deeper and Deeper (which I don't care for, so I avoided), as well as Ray of Light. So I chose my favorite and did what I could. I enjoyed the opportunity...beggars can't be choosers. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2002, 01:10 PM

sounds nice, good dynamics. I like Madonna and this song and you did a great job.

www.abacomusic.com