Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2001, 12:51 AM

Default bouncing:goes mono,only reverb stays stereo.WHY?

i have G3 350MHZ and when i bounce to disk
i realize that most of the tracks are converted to mono,only reverb is still there.
Anybody had the same problem?(PT 5.01)
Old 05-16-2001, 02:39 PM

Default Re: bouncing:goes mono,only reverb stays stereo.WHY?

you are doing something wrong for sure. this is not a software issue or a problem related to PT.
greetings,
George

P.S. glad to answer questions by email.

------------------
Old 05-17-2001, 09:54 AM

(Odysseys, did you figure out the problem yet?)

It's happening to me too. I'm not sure where it's happening though. The scenario is (and I'm new to PT): After completing a song I'll bounce it to disk (stereo file) and then import it into a new session for some eq and other plugs (on a master fader). The end result is what seems to be a stereo file that combines all the tracks into both the right and left channels.

I know something isn't right because I have 2 guitar parts in my mix that are panned apart from one another. 1 guitar part on the left (30%) and 1 guitar part on the right (30%). When the song is bounced, both guitar parts show up in both left and right channels when I adjust the balance on a stereo (both car and home).

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the settings when bouncing to disk. Seems to me when I adjust the balance to the left, I shouldn't be able to hear the guitar part that has been panned to the right.

Any thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 05-17-2001, 04:08 PM

I am wondering what the problem could be. I tried to find out what you could have done wrong. I know this might sound silly, but I´ll give it a shot anyways:
set the "bounce source" to whatever 2 tracks you are mixing to (stereo).
your mix must all go into these 2 tracks. what you hear on them gets bounced, everything else won´t. you can´t have some tracks go to output 1-2 and others to 3-4.
"file type" is up to you.
set "format" to "stereo interleaved".
and coversion quality to best or tweak head.
Rinconison: If you have your L&R balance on the guitars set to +,- 30 you will of course hear some of the other guitar on the other side because they are not panned that far apart. You can easily pan the guitars +,- 66, but don´t pan anything too extreme to left and right, you will lose volume if listening to it in mono. the rule of thumb is: look at the level meter on a stereo track and then in mono if you have an external level meter. if you switch to mono, the sum of the 2 tracks should increase the level by 3dB, then you are ok. if you don´t have an external level meter, then just don´t pan anything over 70.
this doesn´t go for the master, always set that to +,-100 before bouncing.

hope I could help, feel free to ask anytime,
greetings,
George

------------------
Old 05-17-2001, 05:24 PM

Thanks for the input Geo, it's much appreciated.
Old 05-18-2001, 12:19 AM

thanks for the feedback.It's the diskcache in my case.When i lowered it down to 512K and disabled low latency,...voila! Hope that help you too.