Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2013, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Place your bets..

I just ordered last week an 11R to replace my Digi001 which is 13 years old and still working!!! Protools 6.4? So what! Bought it for 24 tracks and still doing 24 tracks on that old G4 400Mhz!!!!

I have a 10 years old Rocktron Voodo Valve that is still working and Rocktron NEVER released a firmware update or and expansion pack. Never heard of any owner selling it for that reason...

The price of 11R with PT10 is the price of PT10 alone!!! What a bargain!!! I like PT (paired with my Command8) and now will have a choice to use 11R for I/O or any other USB/Firewire interface. Incredible. I feel like buying PT10 and been given an 11R for free.

Whatever Avid will do with 11R, if it gives me as much as my Digi001 I will be more than happy.

Don't understand the logic behind the "will sell because it is not updated". Never received any update for my 4x12" Marshall cab...

It's not because a product is not supported anymore that it will stop working.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 PM

I'll make like a psychic and tell you what the Avid reps will be telling them. We're sorry, but we can't comment on unreleased products.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldR View Post
Incredible. I feel like buying PT10 and been given an 11R for free.
Agree. It's a great deal now.

Had you paid $900 on release and then $100 for the expansion and then were faced with a $400-$500 PT10 upgrade (depending on when), saw PT8 not work well on your new computer... or only got 6 months out of your $300 upgrade to PT9 before being asked for another $200-300 for PT10... you might have a different opinion.

The users on the forum have a variety of history with the product and that tends to inform their perspective.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer27 View Post
I'll make like a psychic and tell you what the Avid reps will be telling them. We're sorry, but we can't comment on unreleased products.
Well, yes that's what they will say! But really body language and what people don't say speak volumes. And it's easy to tell when someone is being creative with the truth by watching the eyes. Using basic mentalist techniques will tell you just about everything you need to know.

Then there's the old trick of winning them over and getting them to let down their guard to get to the truth, much harder yes, but doable.

Number #3 - get them drunk, always a winner.

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-10-2013, 12:13 AM

I placed my bet... been kicking back with an Axe FX II for the last 2 months. Couldn't be happier.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqlw View Post
I placed my bet... been kicking back with an Axe FX II for the last 2 months. Couldn't be happier.
Not a fan of Cliff Chase's behaviour at all so I will not be giving him any monetary reward for it - period.

End of line.

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-10-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
I just ordered last week an 11R to replace my Digi001 which is 13 years old and still working!!! Protools 6.4? So what! Bought it for 24 tracks and still doing 24 tracks on that old G4 400Mhz!!!!

I have a 10 years old Rocktron Voodo Valve that is still working and Rocktron NEVER released a firmware update or and expansion pack. Never heard of any owner selling it for that reason...

The price of 11R with PT10 is the price of PT10 alone!!! What a bargain!!! I like PT (paired with my Command8) and now will have a choice to use 11R for I/O or any other USB/Firewire interface. Incredible. I feel like buying PT10 and been given an 11R for free.

Whatever Avid will do with 11R, if it gives me as much as my Digi001 I will be more than happy.

Don't understand the logic behind the "will sell because it is not updated". Never received any update for my 4x12" Marshall cab...

It's not because a product is not supported anymore that it will stop working.
Exactly... and in actual fact things do still get some support
Example today AVID have released drivers for the 002-003 to use with Mountain Lion.
http://tinyurl.com/almojns
------
By the way you obviously have a new Computer to use with PT10..Yes?
Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 AM

Smile Re: Place your bets..

Quote:

Quote of the day lol

Sounds like something the CEO of Avid would say.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
Had you paid $900 on release and then $100 for the expansion and then were faced with a $400-$500 PT10 upgrade (depending on when), saw PT8 not work well on your new computer... or only got 6 months out of your $300 upgrade to PT9 before being asked for another $200-300 for PT10... you might have a different opinion.
I have PT6.4 for many years and never needed to upgrade. Up to you to decide if you want to spend money on last functionalities or not, me I was more than satisfied with what I had in PT6.4 (rock solid version that never crashed at all). But I understand your point.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
By the way you obviously have a new Computer to use with PT10..Yes?
Yes, Macbook Pro! But to sad there's no PCI slot to put my Digi001 in it