Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 10-16-2021, 08:40 PM

Default Re: East-West Opus software

I was having the same issues as everyone posting here. The new opus update seemed to have fixed the problem. I been using it for a few days. No issues.
Old 01-02-2022, 11:54 AM

I just purchased and installed Opus yesterday. I've been having a few issues with it. It loads fine and seems to work great but 2 things randomly happen. 1, it will crash Pro Tools and 2, when I load a score after another one has been loaded, the sound will disappear. What's odd though is that I see it playing and also see it playing on the master fader, but no audio. It's like something got re-routed.

I'm using Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7.0 and Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3
Old 01-12-2022, 12:23 PM

Finally got EW Opus Hollywood Edition Choir to somewhat work as a plugin. It is pretty buggy. Takes forever to load. You might think it's crashed but it takes a LOT of time. When you reload a track you get the beach ball and it seems to not be loading. Click cancel and the session opens - and the loading begins.
I can't imagine what happens when you have a lot of instances.
I'm afraid I'm spoiled by Spitfire Audio's immaculate AAX plugins. If I owned stock in EW I'd sell it while I can.
Fortunately I created a test session just for this. When I use it on an important session I'll save as before instantiating Opus. It's very sketchy.
Maybe I'll port it over to Vienna Ensemble Pro - which Pro Tools HDX and I have a love hate relationship with too.
If any of you have optimizing tips for a newbie with EW Opus I'd love it. Fair chance it's my error.
Thanks
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com
Old 08-01-2023, 01:09 PM

I too have been having problems recalling sessions with Opus AAX plugin.
The panning was wrong, no sound, master fader down, and all that jazz.
I was having the hunch that PT sends something to the plugin so the settings get messed up. I found out that the culprit - its automation parameters. If you like me, have "Plug-in Controls Default to Auto-Enabled" in Preferences/mixing menu, you will have problems recalling sessions with some plugins. Opus is not the only one. Stylus RMX for example has some problems with that too.
So the workaround for proper recall is to remove all automation from the plugin and just add what you use. Have fun!

cMP 2 x 3,46, 128GB Ram
Monterey 12.7.2
Metric Halo 3d 2882 I/O
Lucid 88192 with Blue Sky 5.1 monitoring
10gbE ethernet with True Nas storage