Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 02-06-2024, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Avid Crane Song - Phoenix II

Cool! I asked the Swedish distributor about it only this morning and they have not received any reply to their question about this from weeks ago. Nice to at least know that they are actively working on it.

Phone +46707773443
Old 02-07-2024, 12:27 AM

that's great news!
Old 02-07-2024, 09:32 AM

The Swedish distributor got back to me just after I wrote that above and said about the same thing as said here before. They are soon releasing a new version which is more formats and ARM native.

Phone +46707773443
Old 03-04-2024, 05:32 AM

Another month has passed... Does anybody know anything about the development?

Phone +46707773443
Old 03-24-2024, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStudios View Post
Another month has passed... Does anybody know anything about the development?
Also patiently waiting for this. I presume Crane Song is making sure the update is rock solid before releasing it.

As an aside, if released in other plugin formats, I guess existing license holders would get access to the new formats...? At least that would make the most sense to me.
Old 03-25-2024, 03:12 AM

On Martin Reus Facebook page from last September he in a German comment mentioned they had a problem with the cranesong website and that was holding things up uneccesarily

Last edited by Actionmusic; 03-25-2024 at 03:26 AM.
Old 03-25-2024, 04:40 PM

I had the phoenix one. It was TDM only, and I was assured by Dave Hilll's team that he would never port to native. He hated cracks and knew that if he changed it from TDM, he thought it would get cracked instantly.

When I sold my TDM system and went native HD.. HDN[2009?]

I sold the plug-in thinking I'll never be able to use it and of course, a year later they made the native version, but still very expensive for what it did.
By that time, so many companies were coming online with their version of saturation, etc.
but we all know this one is special… I would've kept on using it had I just left it on my I lock, but now I just can't justify the cost. And the fact is I've only seen it go on sale once when Sweetwater was blowing out a bunch of licenses for 150 bucks

I also had Massenburg's EQ around that same time... not a cheap plug-in either.

What I think I learned was there a small companies that don't update because,.. hmmm who knows,

then there's small companies run by giants in the industry who just tweak out and are very slow to change and also their pricing puts them commensurate [compared to other plugins] closer to the hardware options they were known for.

Massenburg finally updated the EQ after something like eight years
I was using it more even though it still looked like the original early 2000s… It sounds good that's for sure ...
which is all that counts, [but I do get a loud click when engaging hi pass filter. George and I went back-and-forth about this. I even sent him video screenshots…
Till I just kind of gave up since it's still there with whatever latest revision he's made… ]

The small companies can be expensive and service is… Let's just say moving at a different time frame.

George is legend, Dave Hill is one of those few people that also Like George can wrangle analog and digital… [Rest in peace Dave it was always good to see you at Namm].

Conversely, there's a Turkish designer who only makes plug-ins,
but are up in the Cranesong MassenBerg-ish price range called pulsar modular.

Since he never had a hardware manufacturing thing, he seems to respond to whatever updates need to happen pretty fast looking at the latest plug-in he made,
which is a mixers 2bus API,
he's come out with three or four revisions after release addressing concerns that people would bring up after a year-long, beta testing designing, etc.…

I'm not comparing everyone
but I have to say when you spent a lot on a plug-in it's nice to know that someone is on their toes updating it.

And with that I will present a third option
which is a company called Lexicon whose plug-in was $1500 when it was released.
I paid Less for it but still it wasn't cheap and they haven't updated it in many years.

This legendary name has been bought by Harmon and I'm sure they love pasting it on to consumer electronics
however, the product that put them on the map was simply studio reverb and in the 21st-century that reverb Has to be in digital form accessible by a computer…
However, that asset doesn't seem to be high priority for them.

Same result as Cranesong and Massenburg aka slow rollouts
just different intention behind it.

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]

Last edited by Rectifried; 03-25-2024 at 05:45 PM.