Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 07:20 AM

Default Waves Platinum-VS-Waves Lab 5

Need Advice From A Good Engineer Waves Platinum-VS-Waves Lab 5

After using mastering plug’ in’ on Waves Platinum like the LM L2 Low board band etc.
Do I need to go to WaveLab 5 for a finish mastering product? How do you really know when your
Work is fully Master and ready for airplay\broadcast\post-production ready?

Or should I consider taking my work to a mastering plant. I'm trying to do this on my own. because I love my work.

Just like to know before I buy WaveLab 5 Would it help me or hurt me?
Because more is not always the solution. Its knowledge

[email protected]
Old 08-30-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Waves Platinum-VS-Waves Lab 5

Bump
Old 08-30-2004, 07:14 PM

With the Waves mastering bundle, you have all you need, but nothing is stopping you from searching for something you like better.
If you want to know if your stuff is finished, import some of the stuff you like and see how it compares (visually and sonically). Watch the meters for dynamic range; watch PAZ for fulness and stereo image; and see if your stuff compares sonically in your studio environment. Play with EQ's to see what could be enhanced in your stuff and what is being accented in released material.
It will be time well spent IMHO
Old 08-30-2004, 08:18 PM

SimpleNatureSpirit is right on the money. Practice makes perfect and just having good tools does not assure a good outcome. Also, consider that a fresh set of ears (an outside mastering engineer) can often bring ideas you would have missed. Having said all that, if you learn the art of mastering, its another feather in your cap.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-31-2004, 06:40 AM

Thank's

I've tried that, I'll go back and try again, How do I watch for meters for dynamic range and PAZ?
where sould I put the PAZ Or Meters on the Import track, Master Fader or Aux? Because if I but a LM or L2 on the import tack that's already master in sound like a overkill.

You now what Check this I'm working on Hip-Hop RnB like Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz etc.
I'll import there track UP -VS My Track. Master Fader Meter Level are reading the same
The imported track has more BUMP, MUCH LOUDER, MORE DYNAMIC MORE HIGH END'S WITH GOOD SOLID BASS
On the other hand my track set's Lower. I've used the LM L2 AudioTrack C4 XNoise

In The LM I'm tried fulling around with the REL, Att, Range all that good stuff, and in the L2
I give it and Audio Release.

Thank's Guy's

With Love I'm going back to work I'll go back and put in other 8 or 16 Hr's
Old 08-31-2004, 06:53 AM

Here is another F&Q Could the problem be that, I'm bouncing down to disk and using a Computer CD Burn. Or should I have another HD Recorder like a VS-2480 etc. so I wouldn't lose sound. Or bounce to External CD Bruner

With Love