Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: CPU usage is holding off USB audio..Powerbook/

I didn't catch the tip on those H/W Buffer and CPU usage settings before. I'll try that out.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:46 AM

Default Re: CPU usage is holding off USB audio

I had this same problem on my G5 2.7ghz dual. My MBox2 was plugged into a cheapo USB hub. I plugged it directly into the tower and now it seems to be happy.

I kinda need the port it's occupying though... ^^;;;
Old 08-14-2006, 06:52 AM

I have set all my settings correctly and I have this problem as well and so do 4 other people I know.
Digidesign doesnt seem very interested in helping.
Looks like Ive thrown away some good money here.

Luckily for me I also work ona consumer affairs TV programme and I would like your opinions on this problem as I'm compiling an item for the upcoming autumn series
Old 08-14-2006, 06:52 AM

I have set all my settings correctly and I have this problem as well and so do 4 other people I know.
Digidesign doesnt seem very interested in helping.
Looks like Ive thrown away some good money here.

Luckily for me I also work ona consumer affairs TV programme and I would like your opinions on this problem as I'm compiling an item for the upcoming autumn series
Old 08-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Avid

Jeff - without specific information on your system or a complete list of troubleshooting you've tried, it will be very difficult to advise you any further about how to correct the situation.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:23 AM

I was getting the same issue but solved my problem tonight.

I changed the hardware I/O setting to ANALOG rather than S/PDIF...works like a champ now even without an external hardrive...had 6 tracks recorded and not even a stutter!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 08:36 AM

Hello. I just want to pitch in here and suggest that anyone who has this problem turn off their Airport while they use Pro Tools. I had a similar thing happen to me with a PC laptop, I disabled the wireless network, and have never had this issue pop up ever again, with the Mbox or Mbox 2. Your mileage may vary and this may not solve your issues but it could help. You will notice that in a post above, KayBess back on November 12 2005 did several things and did away with the problem. You will notice that one of the things she (he?) did was turn off their Airport.

I also know there was a very lengthy thread about Mbox's and Apple laptops. If memory serves it was sort a crapshoot and was never really nailed down to one specific model but the conventional wisdom seemed to be iBooks were the ones showing the worst performance.

Anyway, good luck and try disabling the Airport.