Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 03-30-2021, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Lost the S1 modifier soft keys.

Looks the same as mine. Attached

Thinking I may have to start again with a un-install ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 12.34.10.jpg (35.2 KB, 0 views)

www.spoonsound.com
Old 04-13-2021, 02:28 PM

I just updated to 2021.3.1 and my customized soft keys got wiped and reset to the defaults shown on those screenshots, too. It's been a minute since I originally programmed them, so I don't remember if this was how I did it originally, but for modifiers:

Make sure to open the EuControl settings from Pro Tools (it programs the soft keys specific to the application)

Choose "Soft Keys" from the top menu

Choose "S1 Track Color Keys" from "Section" menu

Select the Softkey on the EuControl Graphic you wish to assign a modifier to, then click the "Command" button in the EuControl window

Click "Add New" and select "Eucon" from the menu

Under "Details," scroll down until you see "OS Modifiers." Assign the desired modifier to the soft key. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-13-2021, 02:32 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyman View Post
I just updated to 2021.3.1 and my customized soft keys got wiped and reset to the defaults shown on those screenshots, too. It's been a minute since I originally programmed them, so I don't remember if this was how I did it originally, but for modifiers:
They didn't get wiped and are still there on your computer, you just need to open them. In the next release we have put a new dialog that gives you the option to import them instead of having to manualy search for the file and load it.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyman View Post

Make sure to open the EuControl settings from Pro Tools (it programs the soft keys specific to the application)

Choose "Soft Keys" from the top menu

Choose "S1 Track Color Keys" from "Section" menu

Select the Softkey on the EuControl Graphic you wish to assign a modifier to, then click the "Command" button in the EuControl window

Click "Add New" and select "Eucon" from the menu

Under "Details," scroll down until you see "OS Modifiers." Assign the desired modifier to the soft key. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your post. I’d actually worked this out a few days ago. I now have the modifiers back on those keys as you described.
This brought up another problem though. For example, the shift modifier key works fine as it would on the keyboard for editing etc but it doesn’t work as a shift on the S1 or Dock ? Holding that shift and pushing another key on the S1 doesn’t give me the shift function for that key? It doesn’t make the shift key on the S1 or Dock light up either. Is this normal behaviour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.spoonsound.com
Old 04-13-2021, 03:50 PM

I wonder if your original settings may be stored somewhere on your computer as Eddie suggested when replying to my original post, and if that might help? Perhaps he could suggest where to look?
Old 04-13-2021, 06:31 PM
Avid

here: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...391?popup=true