Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Partner Announcements

Old 03-08-2023, 01:15 PM
Venn Audio

Default Dimmer - Sidechain ducking plugin

Hi all,

I have made a new plugin which I am using in my ADR recording and also for monitoring remote sessions. I hope you might find it as useful as I do.

https://www.vennaudio.com/product/Dimmer/

Essentially, it lowers a track by a fixed amount, triggered by a sidechain signal.

Use cases:

Recording ADR
If you have a talkback mic with a button, you can feed that signal into Dimmer sitting on your main output and lower your speakers whenever your mic is open. This means your talent does not hear their voice through your talkback mic.

Recording with the talent listening through a speaker
The same as recording ADR except now you're cutting the feedback loop made from your control room talkback -> studio speaker -> studio mic -> control room speaker -> control room talkback.

Monitoring a recording session remotely
Same as recording ADR except instead of preventing the talent hearing their voice back, it's the collaborators at another studio, or the producers!

Ducking music under voiceover
Feed the VO into Dimmer on the music track and auto-duck the music with no pumping and a smooth attack and release for podcasts, DV, etc.

Do check out the video and how-to guides to take a closer look. Let me know what you think!

How-to guide:

https://www.vennaudio.com/dimmer-setup-guide/