Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2009, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Power User Editing - The Skunk Works Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantik View Post
Ahh too bad thanks for the reply! :)
Still on the, "to complete" list though. Maybe I'll fire the code over to guitardom and we can both take another stab at it. Probably better if a few more scripting minds looked at it from a different approach.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-27-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
i have 7 partitions on my main system and another drive with a couple partitions for os's that comes and goes and then various flash drives and external drives. so just deleting databases is typically gonna be a nightmare, if i am doing that i am trying to solve a problem, so i just delete them all and reset my prefs, quicker than tracking down all the databases.
I wonder how PT actually uses the databases -- or updates them. I also use an occasional external drive with databases on it from a while back. It seems logical that if a drive is connected that contains a database that is older than the current ones in the system at that time, it would automatically be updated to match. Is that not the case?

Quote:
i can easily add a just databases feature.
Cool!

--Bill
Old 02-27-2009, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Still on the, "to complete" list though. Maybe I'll fire the code over to guitardom and we can both take another stab at it. Probably better if a few more scripting minds looked at it from a different approach.

Shane
sure give me holler sometime if you feel you are ready to have stare at it blankly nah i would gladly give it a look and spend some time on it.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-27-2009, 06:47 PM

here is the link to the updated trasher app. added a way to delete just databases and a tool tip at the bottom of the window with the shortcuts labled.

also finished the version for xp pro 64 for those of us headed that route. i have not had it tested on vista 64 and W7 64 yet. if someone wants to give it a try and let me know or i should have the W7 result later this weekend and hopefully filo can check out vista 64.

let me know what you think about the updates.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-28-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
sure give me holler sometime if you feel you are ready to have stare at it blankly nah i would gladly give it a look and spend some time on it.
Will do. Maybe on the weekend we can have a look at it. I'll shoot you the code I have for it so far and will discuss any other approaches we might come up with.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-28-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
here is the link to the updated trasher app. added a way to delete just databases and a tool tip at the bottom of the window with the shortcuts labled.

also finished the version for xp pro 64 for those of us headed that route. i have not had it tested on vista 64 and W7 64 yet. if someone wants to give it a try and let me know or i should have the W7 result later this weekend and hopefully filo can check out vista 64.

let me know what you think about the updates.
As a side note, you can add/change/edit your original drop.io when adding new changes to scripts. Since I put your first TRASHER on the very first post, this will help keeping all the links updated etc without both of us making changes.

Shane

Old 02-28-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
As a side note, you can add/change/edit your original drop.io when adding new changes to scripts. Since I put your first TRASHER on the very first post, this will help keeping all the links updated etc without both of us making changes.

Shane
i did not know that. it was my first dive into drop io. will have to check that out. thanx

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-28-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
i did not know that. it was my first dive into drop io. will have to check that out. thanx
Ya, just make sure you create an Admin password to access the Admin control panel then you'll be able to change and customize quite a few things(and even get download stats etc). I gave one of my drops a Pro Tools background.

...along with a few Skunks here and there.

Shane

Old 03-01-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Thanks Steve!

--Bill
Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 PM

k i updated the drop so the link on the first post will take you to the new update of TRASHER as well as the 64 bit version for xp pro 64.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10