Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-26-2009, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Power User Editing - The Skunk Works Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblue View Post
Yeah, I get it. BTW, the balloon thing doesn't always show up on my system. Is there a time delay on it or something. I used d on two test occasions -- the first time nothing showed up, but the second time it did.

Definitely! That's a good feature, and I'm glad it's the default.

Same here, it's just an annoying step. Deletion of the DAE settings is more of a problem because it affects various plug-ins in ongoing sessions.

That's a good idea too!

I couldn't be the only one... could I? Maybe an extra key that just deletes databases? Too bad d is already used!

--Bill
i have 7 partitions on my main system and another drive with a couple partitions for os's that comes and goes and then various flash drives and external drives. so just deleting databases is typically gonna be a nightmare, if i am doing that i am trying to solve a problem, so i just delete them all and reset my prefs, quicker than tracking down all the databases.

i have had no reported problems with the balloon tip not showing up. i can check it out. there is no delay programmed into it, as soon as d is pushed in either variation of it and the process is completed the balloon should show up for 2 seconds then the app should exit.

i can easily add a just databases feature.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-26-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWalkerPostAudio View Post
I think I have a good idea for a new script. You know how if you zoom in while having a selection on screen the edit window centers intself to the beginning of the selection or maybe the beginning isn't on screen but the end is and you zoom in and the zoom centers the window to the end of the selection? Does anyone else besides me find that really annoying? I still find it handy to zoom into the edit insertion point when that is on screen, but hardly ever the beginning of a selection. Why can't you zoom to whatever is in the middle of the edit window like when the selection is entirely off screen? What do you guys think?

-Justin
i can give it a look sometime, but with it being default pt parameters i dont know if i could do it. shane of course he might work on it for months!!!! dont temp him

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-26-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWalkerPostAudio View Post
I think I have a good idea for a new script. You know how if you zoom in while having a selection on screen the edit window centers intself to the beginning of the selection or maybe the beginning isn't on screen but the end is and you zoom in and the zoom centers the window to the end of the selection? Does anyone else besides me find that really annoying? I still find it handy to zoom into the edit insertion point when that is on screen, but hardly ever the beginning of a selection. Why can't you zoom to whatever is in the middle of the edit window like when the selection is entirely off screen? What do you guys think?

-Justin
I actually scripted that over a year ago. Gotta dig it out as it might be on a separate drive collecting dust somewhere. I had a few different zoom styles inspired by REAPER. If I find it, I'll post it.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-26-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I actually scripted that over a year ago. Gotta dig it out as it might be on a separate drive collecting dust somewhere. I had a few different zoom styles inspired by REAPER. If I find it, I'll post it.

Shane

................i should have known..................

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-26-2009, 03:25 PM

Hi, sorry for not reading all 50 pages of this thread, but is the tool labeled "Look Ma, I can see them move!" available?

it supposed to allow viewing of waveforms while moving.. (why this isn't a standard feature i'll never know)

some amazing work here btw
Old 02-26-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantik View Post
Hi, sorry for not reading all 50 pages of this thread, but is the tool labeled "Look Ma, I can see them move!" available?

it supposed to allow viewing of waveforms while moving.. (why this isn't a standard feature i'll never know)

some amazing work here btw
That one never quite got finished yet. It had some quirks that needed to be addressed. Also, not enough time in the day sometimes.

...and ya, it's about time we get this feature to make use of the new transparent regions.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Shane

That's pretty awesome!!

-Justin
Old 02-26-2009, 04:17 PM

Thanks so much Shane for the scrolling fix!! Has made things much better!!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye Studios View Post
Thanks so much Shane for the scrolling fix!! Has made things much better!!
Glad to hear it's helped. Hopefully I'll have some free time coming up to create/finish a few more utilities.

I have a feeling guitardom will release TRASHER version 2.

Shane

Old 02-26-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
That one never quite got finished yet. It had some quirks that needed to be addressed. Also, not enough time in the day sometimes.
Ahh too bad thanks for the reply! :)