Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 12-27-2016, 12:39 AM

Default I am Actually Very Happy… But one thing!!!

PT 12.7 I had some teething problems and re-installed and then had a few more problems and re installed.. one of the problems i think was caused by the Plugins you get with 12.7 after removing them and re- installing it has been working beautifully I'm running an hour long Tv program full of channels and sfx and heaps of Plugins and haven't had one Video problem not one crash just smooth and fast

But!!!!… my beef is this I stay in South Africa the Annual upgrade Plan is equivalent to a months rent for my one bedroom cottage when i say that I'm referring to the $299 advertised.. if you live in the USA or Europe just reverse that (how much would do pay per month in dollars for rent?)

In the middle of the transaction the system informs me it has to change currency it changes it to EUROS that to to an equivalent of $348

When i enquired on the Help chat and email service (Which is very good) they say that the system works out costing, tax etc, according to the region i stay in , (which is South Africa) where i Pay ZAR 16,93 to a dollar, The system works out that i should be charged Euro's and i end up paying R4890 as apposed to R4180, no other company "Waves" "Native instruments" "Ableton" does that!
I live in Africa a struggling economy and Im charged as if I live in Europe???
Old 12-27-2016, 10:43 AM

Default Re: I am Actually Very Happy… But one thing!!!

NYC rent is somewhere $1800-3500 or upwards... depends on the location.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:12 AM

Try buying the Plan Update from a reseller. And $299 is for reinstatement if you let your Plan lapse.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 12-27-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke View Post
PT 12.7 I had some teething problems and re-installed and then had a few more problems and re installed.. one of the problems i think was caused by the Plugins you get with 12.7 after removing them and re- installing it has been working beautifully I'm running an hour long Tv program full of channels and sfx and heaps of Plugins and haven't had one Video problem not one crash just smooth and fast

But!!!!… my beef is this I stay in South Africa the Annual upgrade Plan is equivalent to a months rent for my one bedroom cottage when i say that I'm referring to the $299 advertised.. if you live in the USA or Europe just reverse that (how much would do pay per month in dollars for rent?)

In the middle of the transaction the system informs me it has to change currency it changes it to EUROS that to to an equivalent of $348

When i enquired on the Help chat and email service (Which is very good) they say that the system works out costing, tax etc, according to the region i stay in , (which is South Africa) where i Pay ZAR 16,93 to a dollar, The system works out that i should be charged Euro's and i end up paying R4890 as apposed to R4180, no other company "Waves" "Native instruments" "Ableton" does that!
I live in Africa a struggling economy and Im charged as if I live in Europe???
Check with Sweetwater.com. The non HD version should run you 99 USD and they sent me a code via email so it was super easy. I just registered it and updated my ilok for it. I didnt just renew so to speak in the traditional way. I think that would work but I cannot guarantee that its not going to look at your IP but there are DNS servers you can use that mask your location. Maybe use that during registration?
Old 12-27-2016, 11:26 AM

$399 US cost me $580 NZD at the time, which is equivalent to one weeks rent of a small 2 bedroom house in New Zealand.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:35 AM

Just heard this morning the AVERAGE rent for a 1 bedroom apartment is now $2,100.00 a month and over $3,000.00 for a 2 bedroom apartment in Los Angeles.....
1 TB PCIe flash storage
Pro Tools Ultimate HD 2023.6
HD Native Thunderbolt
Old 12-27-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent W. View Post
$399 US cost me $580 NZD at the time, which is equivalent to one weeks rent of a small 2 bedroom house in New Zealand.
Hehe yes same here in Stockholm.

One month on a studio apt with 500sqf is about $1500 and upward of $1800 which is no where near $24-25 a month which PT 12 cost a month.

I don't understand the compare with rent. $99/$199$/$299 are the three price points per YEAR which is extremely valid so if you think $99 a year is too much to stay current there are other DAW's vut i doubt you will find an equal for the same price.

And please don't say Reaper as it is NOT equal by a longshot.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-27-2016, 02:48 PM

I think the point he was trying to make was that in a struggling economy like SA, because there's no local adjustment the cost of a Pro Tools renewal for him is the equivalent of Avid charging you $2000.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive.gardner View Post
I think the point he was trying to make was that in a struggling economy like SA, because there's no local adjustment the cost of a Pro Tools renewal for him is the equivalent of Avid charging you $2000.
I respect that 100% !!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-27-2016, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive.gardner View Post
Thank you Clive that is exactly what i am trying to communicate!! :) and i appreciate everyones advice but i decided to just do it !! the other options charges for membership etc work out similar costs I think its shameful that Avid do this they Advertise the price as $299 then they charge 332 Euros ( which today is R4890 , however when the bill comes through i am charged R5005!!. The invoice states 332 Euros which includes VAT, but i worked it out that I'm charged an extra 10 Euro's and i cant find anywhere to tell me what the charges are for!!