Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 07-10-2013, 07:06 AM

Default FLUX:: Pure Analyzer issue

I work at a venue that has an Avid Profile Venue desk and Mix rack that goes into a mac pro OS X 10.7.5 Lion and have been tasked with getting FLUX running again. It was running fine until a software update was installed, and now it is not receiving any audio and not recognizing the Profile being connected even though the Profile sees the computer and Pro Tools 10HD is able to record audio from the Profile on the same computer. The firewall is turned off (it's not connected to the internet and wifi is not installed) and I've tried changing the Hardware I/O to the FLUX Aggregate and Pro Tools Aggregate (on the off chance it would work) and still nothing. Anybody have any thoughts? I don't know what is on the iLok, but I will try to find out. It is my understanding we have the full license for it.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: FLUX:: Pure Analyzer issue

Hi,

Here are a couple of thoughts...

Is the SampleGrabber plug-in installed on the console and is audio patched to it?

Is there a working Ethernet connection between the console and computer? If so, you should see the console as an I/O option.

If you run the Flux application, can you select other I/O sources (e..g, built in mic) and see if it works?

Sheldon
Old 07-11-2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Radford View Post
Is the SampleGrabber plug-in installed on the console and is audio patched to it?
Yes, the SampleGrabber plug-in is installed correctly. The program was working fine until after the software upgrade on the computer. Nothing was changed on the console.

Quote:
Is there a working Ethernet connection between the console and computer? If so, you should see the console as an I/O option.
Yes, there is a working Ethernet connection. The console sees the computer, but when I open Flux, I cannot change the Hardware I/O on the main screen. It's as though Flux doesn't see the console. The console and computer are connected by a single Ethernet cable, not through a building network. The computer is not network enabled and all firewalls are open.

Quote:
If you run the Flux application, can you select other I/O sources (e..g, built in mic) and see if it works?
The only I/O sources that I can access are the FLUX:: Aggregate Device and the Pro Tools Aggregate Device, of which I have tried to modify both in the AUDIO/MIDI Settings on the computer with no success.

Last edited by HausSoundRecords; 07-11-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Added information
Old 07-15-2013, 08:04 AM

Hi guys,

In order to find out what's going on, please contact us direct, send an email to support @ fluxhome dot com and we will proxy you to the right person.

Thanks!!

/Flux:: Staff
Old 07-18-2013, 02:52 PM

I had this same issue and was only able to remedy by sending the sample grabber over firewire. I for the life of me couldn't get the ethernet to work but was able to send it out to one of the FWx channels and select that as the input in the Pure Analyzer software.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:58 PM

So I ran an update on the computer and that fixed it. FLUX was able to see the console, it needed some tweeking but it was receiving signal and is now working. I heard back from FLUX and they wanted to do a remote session into the computer, but I was able to fix it before then. Hopefully that helps.